Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I did call them :(, the online system is a mess right now and the only way I could book he other 3 was by calling.

I think I am going to try calling during the upcoming weeks and see if I manage to get it done. It is not a deal breaker, but it seems like every time I board a ship I end up rushing to the specialty venues to get my reservations right and I am growing tired of it.

In the other cases I was forced to do that, due they were packages. I was looking forward to not have to do that aboard Breakaway since I am not booking a package.

Thank you for the heads up.

On my NCL cruises (2.5 years ago), they had tables set up when you boarded to book the specialty restaurants. Is that what you mean?

We are planning on booking a specialty restaurant when we board (to use OBC) vice on-line ahead of time and thought I remembered a central place to do this vice having to go the specialty restaurant itself.

Also, if they extend iConcierge to the Breakaway, and you have a smart phone or tablet, you might be able to book that way once onboard without running anywhere. :) That is our Plan A. Plan B is to get in line somewhere.

---Brad

For those that are deciding whether to bring additional soda for mixers - if you don't want to haul the extra weight, the soda cans in the minibars are only about $2.25, so not too bad. I personally drink only Mexican Coke (or maybe the new retro Pepsi, havent tried it yet) so I bring some to mix, plus fresh lemonade, but for those who don't care, it's not too expensive to purchase in the cabin. What I do bring are Solo cups, so I can make a LARGE drink to carry around lol. Thanks for the reminder, need to order my bar setup!

Robin

Pepsi throwback is great. So much smoother than modern pepsi. Like Mexican Coke vs. Local Coke.

I can't believe that our cruise is only 4 weeks away. You all have been a wonderful source of info. I have a question that someone may know before we make the phone call. We want to do the flywheel spinning class and trying to decide if we should pack our spinning shoes. We are taking the train so we are trying to pack light. We were wondering if they provide shoes. Thanks

Carolyn

I can't believe that our cruise is only 4 weeks away. You all have been a wonderful source of info. I have a question that someone may know before we make the phone call. We want to do the flywheel spinning class and trying to decide if we should pack our spinning shoes. We are taking the train so we are trying to pack light. We were wondering if they provide shoes. Thanks

Carolyn

I would think you can clip in. When I found out that Flywheel was going to be on the ship, I researched it as I haven't heard of them before. Also we originally booked Epic before switching and I asked a PCC if you can clip in on Epic and they said yes.

I know what you mean about packing light, but I would take them just in case. I REFUSE to spin without my shoes as I don't get that same experience. I would hate to find that I could clip in and not have my shoes.

Pepsi throwback is great. So much smoother than modern pepsi. Like Mexican Coke vs. Local Coke.

Hey, good thing you capitalized the "C" in coke there, cuz otherwise that could've been taken a very different way...but oddly I suppose the analogy would've still be the same :D

Maybe I have been lucky on my past NCL cruises, or you all know something new that I don't.

Why is everyone in a panic to get their specialty restaurant reservations? I didn't have any problems getting in where I wanted, when I wanted, once I got onboard. Even the same day.

As for not wanting to run all over the ship, I wouldn't want to either. I just called from my room. You can check availability in the morning on your cabin TV. The whole reason I LOVE Norwegian is Freestyle. I don't like to have to decide 45 days out that I will be eating Teppenyaki on Tuesday night.

I understand if you have 8-10 people in your group. But otherwise, Relax and enjoy people.

Maybe I have been lucky on my past NCL cruises, or you all know something new that I don't.

Why is everyone in a panic to get their specialty restaurant reservations? I didn't have any problems getting in where I wanted, when I wanted, once I got onboard. Even the same day.

As for not wanting to run all over the ship, I wouldn't want to either. I just called from my room. You can check availability in the morning on your cabin TV. The whole reason I LOVE Norwegian is Freestyle. I don't like to have to decide 45 days out that I will be eating Teppenyaki on Tuesday night.

I understand if you have 8-10 people in your group. But otherwise, Relax and enjoy people.

Some people like to make their plans ahead of time, some don't. Just like some don't like the hull art and others do.;)

Thank you for mentioning this. I was getting a bit worried that this wouldn't be possible with how most people seem to be talking about booking ahead. I prefer having much more flexibility and was looking forward to the freestyle aspect as we sometimes don't even feel like a big dinner in the evening but I can't anticipate which nights those would be.

I understand some people like to plan and that's cool! It's great that is an option. But I was hopeful of having the ability to choose as we go.

I understand that this approach might not be best for the shows, but I will watch the reviews closely to see how that goes over time :)

Well if it works anything like Epic (and I assume it will, with similar entertainment venues), there are a lot of people to fit into those shows. Blue Man Group was full for the most part and so was Cirque. It was hard to get into Teppanyaki. So while on smaller ships it seems to work, when you have 4000 passengers trying to see a show, there are often times it's full. We tried to get into Cirque for Thursday night, early show, on day 1. We couldn't. Even had the concierge try. Nope, couldn't. So there's definitely more of a possibility with all of these passengers that shows can and will be full. If you are set on a certain show or certain restaurant, I would suggest thinking ahead and reserving it. While there's for sure a possibility you'll get your show/restaurant when you want, with 4000 passengers, there's for sure a possibility you won't. Depends on how much you care :)

It's so we can plan which wine to bring along ;-)

Clarke or WHS ????? And what year ?

Gambee ... I reserved Blue for 2 also. Right on the site with no issues. I had only one time to choose - 9:30, but that was fine with us.... Did you try a few different dates? Maybe the one night you were interested in was sold out??

The lady on the phone tried every day, she told me the same thing that the internet did. All the reservations are blocked, unless you have a party of 4. To me it seems like an internet error.

On my NCL cruises (2.5 years ago), they had tables set up when you boarded to book the specialty restaurants. Is that what you mean?

We are planning on booking a specialty restaurant when we board (to use OBC) vice on-line ahead of time and thought I remembered a central place to do this vice having to go the specialty restaurant itself.

Also, if they extend iConcierge to the Breakaway, and you have a smart phone or tablet, you might be able to book that way once onboard without running anywhere. :) That is our Plan A. Plan B is to get in line somewhere.

---Brad

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye for the table.

Different folks different strokes :)

It's all good :)

Hi Gambee,

We were originally booked in 13706 and got notified that we were in a Hull Balcony, since we have changed our stateroom to 15110, can you please help me locate it.. I have tried a few times however I have been un-successful.

If you could I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank You

Hi Gambee,

We were originally booked in 13706 and got notified that we were in a Hull Balcony, since we have changed our stateroom to 15110, can you please help me locate it.. I have tried a few times however I have been un-successful.

Thank You

Hmmmmmm, there is going to be a lot of pissed off CC members for this :D.

But any, so here is the deal. This cabins are the ones that I usually get wrong, someone did great chart with them, but it is buried pages back and I have no idea where. Maybe they could come out and help you better than me.

Here is my guess,

K5S_1486_zps991c8fb4.png

Hi Gambee,

Thank You

Should be easy to find. 6th balcony back on deck 15 the deck below the top deck of cabins in the Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hmmmmmm, there is going to be a lot of pissed off CC members for this :D.

But any, so here is the deal. This cabins are the ones that I usually get wrong, someone did great chart with them, but it is buried pages back and I have no idea where. Maybe they could come out and help you better than me.

Here is my guess,

K5S_1486_zps991c8fb4.png

That looks right. Where you put ??? is the bathroom of their S4.

That looks right. Where you put ??? is the bathroom of their S4.

Actually I think it's the next balcony and set of bathroom windows down. Have studied this pic and deck plan extensively trying to figure out which suite to switch to. Count balconies starting at left, it's the sixth balcony and then the bathroom windows are on the right side in the pic.

Robin

I was on the Epic last year and most of the restaurants book up fast if you eat during prime dining hours. If you like to eat early (5 or 6) or late (9) then you're fine.

It took my husband and I a few days to get into Cagney's because it was booked.

Some people like to make their plans ahead of time, some don't. Just like some don't like the hull art and others do.;)

I am sooooo sorry if anyone thought I was being insulting to their vacation planning style. My motives were completely the opposite. I was trying to be helpful to those who may be new to NCL, or getting stressed about the reservation process. I know there are more passengers on a 'Breakaway' class than a 'Jewel' or 'Libra' class, but the restaurants have a larger seating capacity. I choose Freestyle because of the flexibility, and spur of the moment decisions it allows me to make. I know that vacation style isn't for everyone, and I apologize to anyone who thought I was putting them down.

I do think it's a good idea to make reservations for any of your 'must see' shows, as they have a smaller availability.

Archived