Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Some scoop on The Raw Bar

Zakarian will be boarding the ship next week when it arrives in New York. In addition to Ocean Blue, he is overseeing the adjacent, a la carte Raw Bar, which also made its debut today for paying passengers. It serves up oysters on the half shell, clams and other seafood items in a stylish bar setting. Prices range from $4.75 for Mussels Tom Ka Gai to $55 for a multiperson "Seafood Plateau" that includes oysters, prawns, clams, lobster and black bass ceviche.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/04/28/geoffrey-zakarian-cruise-ship-restaurant/2119229/

Well I just found my dinner for the one night I will be dining alone... Wonder if I can get the Plateau delivered to my suite? (They won't do sushi for room service, so don't know if they will do this).. Hehehe, I might even let my family try a little :D.

Robin

Hey, Joe, I see that someone already posted a link. I saw on that site that the M6 balcony is 118sf! Will confirm this week - boarding tomorrow!

Yes that would be great. I'm contemplating bringing a hammock to string up on that balcony, but I need to get an idea of the actual dimensions to see how feasible that is. I'd like to string it up on an angle from some of the posts in the dividers. But one thing I need to know is, what is the width of that balcony (I'm assuming about 9ft). Also what is the width of each one of those individual panels that make up the entire dividing wall. My guess at this point is that the balcony is 9x13, but from the photos I've seen I'm not sure.

So happy to see all the photos.

The Peter Mac is beautiful.

From a design prospective I wonder what would people change if they could ?

Obviously some/most balconies are tiny. I think vibe and H2O are a little small, especially vibe.

Hope this works:

http://www.ncl.eu/search.php?order_by=best_match&cruise_ship_id=229&number_of_adults=2

You need to click on a date more than 2 weeks out. I used "Germany" for country.

Robin

Thanks very much, but this didn't seem to have the info I was looking for. All I see are just a single square footage (or in this case a square meter figure). I know someone at some point had a site where it showed a total square footage for the cabin, and then maybe in parenthesis it was broken down as "XYZ sq ft cabin; ABC sq ft balcony).

Thanks very much, but this didn't seem to have the info I was looking for. All I see are just a single square footage (or in this case a square meter figure). I know someone at some point had a site where it showed a total square footage for the cabin, and then maybe in parenthesis it was broken down as "XYZ sq ft cabin; ABC sq ft balcony).

Is this the info you want?

Breakaway 8136 Mini-Suite With Larger Balcony 8 Standard

Capacity - 3 , Cabin Includes Hair Dryer , Bed Near Balcony

Door , Sitting Area , Desk , Pier Forward , Port Side ,

Television , Cabin Square Footage (154) , Forward Section ,

Shower , Safety Deposit Box , Telephone , Internet Access ,

Private Balcony , Sprinklers , Mini Bar , Foldable

Sleeper/Playpen , Tea And Coffee Maker , Convertible Queen

Size Bed , Total Square Footage (282) , Floor To Ceiling

Sliding Glass Doors , Balcony Square Footage (118) ,

Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Clothes Line In Bathroom ,

Refrigerator

The balcony is almost as big as the cabin.

So happy to see all the photos.

The Peter Mac is beautiful.

From a design prospective I wonder what would people change if they could ?

Obviously some/most balconies are tiny. I think vibe and H2O are a little small, especially vibe.

I completely agree with all your points. Outdoor space seems at a premium on this ship. Looks about the same as the Epic, but more outdoor for walking on the Waterfont, less lounging space everywhere, especially Vibe and Spice H20. H20 is really exceptionally small for the number of passengers this ship carries. The Haven itself is also smaller, but better laid out.

All the balconies, except the M6 and afts are much smaller than other ships. I find it insane that most of the mini suite and the forward suite balconies are the same size as the regular B categories, which are smaller than the B class calories on other ships like the Jade! The Two bedroom suite balconies only 5 sf larger than regular balconies on the Jade and half the size of the same category suite on the Jade. It's really insane if you think about it.

Robin

You need to keep going deeper. Pick your category (see top for different types) and pick VIEW DETAILS. Then pick a stateroom and EXPAND STATEROOM DETAILS. there is the information you seek..

Robin

Hopefully Norwegian will see the light when it comes to furnishings on the larger balconies. Don't know what the cost is for loungers...but in the bulk that they buy them in it can't be that much. Just imagine all the requests of stewards and guest services there will be to supply those loungers. If they do it then there is all the time involved in hauling them around the ship. Seems to me it would be far more cost effective to have them there in the first place! And if they won't do it it will make quite a few people unhappy. Both on a cost basis and customer relations basis it just makes way more sense to furnish those balconies the right way to begin with.

I couldn't agree MORE. I'm really hoping that one of the 5 guests who have 8122 before me, will raise holy hell till they get their lounger(s) :D. And, as you said, they just decide to leave them.

If the reports back sound like they are not cooperating, I am definitely bringing a couple of my own, and depending on how Joeski make out, possibly a hammock. :p

You have to go into a category of stateroom, actually select a stateroom, & say expand details. I was able to find my specific room so saw not only size, but location of bed:

Breakaway 10222 Mid-Ship Balcony 10 Standard Capacity - 3 ,

Cabin Includes Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port Side ,

Telephone , Mini Bar , Cabin Square Footage (172) , Sitting

Area , Pier Midship , Internet Access , Desk , Tea And

Coffee Maker , Shower , Bed Near Balcony Door , Floor To

Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Hair Dryer , Safety Deposit Box

, Convertible Lower Beds (2) , Private Balcony , Balcony

Square Footage (32) , Refrigerator , Television , Convertible

Single Sofa Bed , Total Square Footage (204) , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Midship Section , Sprinklers

I completely agree with all your points. Outdoor space seems at a premium on this ship. Looks about the same as the Epic, but more outdoor for walking on the Waterfont, less lounging space everywhere, especially Vibe and Spice H20. H20 is really exceptionally small for the number of passengers this ship carries. The Haven itself is also smaller, but better laid out.

All the balconies, except the M6 and afts are much smaller than other ships. I find it insane that most of the mini suite and the forward suite balconies are the same size as the regular B categories, which are smaller than the B class calories on other ships like the Jade! The Two bedroom suite balconies only 5 sf larger than regular balconies on the Jade and half the size of the same category suite on the Jade. It's really insane if you think about it.

Robin

The S7 is the same size as regular balcony! Which is very ironic considering the website still claims that you can "Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing private balcony":confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:

I just can't get over the fact that all those balconies are so small and for what reason? An interior hallway? Which means families can't book balconies and inside cabins that have doors facing each other anymore?

Great pictures!! Did you notice how much the cakes were? How was your cannoli?

I really liked the cannoli! It's different from sweets I usually eat. I'm a chocoholic.

I didn't notice the cake price but cookies were $19.95 a pound, the cannoli was I think $3 and the lobster tail was $3.50.

The S7 is the same size as regular balcony! Which is very ironic considering the website still claims that you can "Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing private balcony":confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:

I just can't get over the fact that all those balconies are so small and for what reason? An interior hallway? Which means families can't book balconies and inside cabins that have doors facing each other anymore?

Yeah I know, so stupid. The S4s sleep six with only 43 sf the S7 is only 32 sf. At 85 sf (on the Jade) it was tight with three people on the balcony, but six on half the size? Really? Ridiculous! But at least we have the Haven. I would be furious if I had booked a mini suite with a balcony the same size as a B category and no bath tub, and it looks like no privacy curtain either - what's the point of paying more for an M than a B? Hoping that perhaps the dimensions are off for those mini-suites and forward suites, but with the pictures, I doubt it...

Robin

I really liked the cannoli! It's different from sweets I usually eat. I'm a chocoholic.

I didn't notice the cake price but cookies were $19.95 a pound, the cannoli was I think $3 and the lobster tail was $3.50.

I'm tellin ya, I NEVER liked cannoli until I had one of his. It really changed my perspective! Can't wait to get some! Prices are good compared to his bake shop here.

Robin

Yeah I know, so stupid. The S4s sleep six with only 43 sf the S7 is only 32 sf. At 85 sf (on the Jade) it was tight with three people on the balcony, but six? Really? Ridiculous! But at least we have the Haven. I would be furious if I had booked a mini suite with a balcony the same size as a B category and no bath tub, and it looks like no privacy curtain either - what's the point of paying more for an M than a B? Hoping that perhaps the dimensions are off for those mini-suites, but with the pictures, I doubt it...

Robin

I know the S4 makes zero sense. 43 Sqf ! I thought the jewel class was a little small for the money but still comfortable. Its all about the money I guess. Squeeze as many cabins in as they can

And I thought a "large balcony" room would have a larger balcony! Silly me! The B6 is the same size as my measly BB AND its on deck 9 which had the lifeboats right outside the balcony. Guess I won't be changing rooms after all!

Rock of Ages was cancelled last night. I was told it was because a lot of the cast members were sick!

Burn the Floor was amazing and the dancers give 110%! Fantastic performances! (I'd advise you not to sit in the front row though as you could see the sweat flying off of them.)

And I thought a "large balcony" room would have a larger balcony! Silly me! The B6 is the same size as my measly BB AND its on deck 9 which had the lifeboats right outside the balcony. Guess I won't be changing rooms after all!

I am not positive but I think the lifeboats are on 7

I noticed that too. I forget, is the cabin size the same? If it is, how can they call them "Large Balcony" and get away with it? Ps - I think it's the roof of the Wayerfront right outside the deck 9 cabins, the lifeboats are farther down..

Rbin

I noticed that too. I forget, is the cabin size the same? If it is, how can they call them "Large Balcony" and get away with it?

Rbin

I am so angry at Ncl I spent the last hour canceling 2 S7's I had booked for may 2014. ...

Then I upgraded to 2 S6's. That will teach them!!

:D. You crack me up. I would have booked the S6 if one had been available, even with three of us. But hey, I get what I get when I book late, and I'm happy I finally got the S4! I am so looking forward to this sailing!

Robin

Someone previously posted that at Vibe, the Weekly Cabana rental was $299 (and included $100 food and bev credit). If anyone rents one or has a minute to ask, I'd like to know whether the food/bev credit has to be consumed while in Vibe (ugh! $100 in alcohol????), or whether it can be used anywhere on ship (i.e., specialty restaurants....)

Terry

Great question Terry! If I may I would like to add if you are a "non-Havenite" what is the additional charge to get into Vibe? If there is an add'l charge does that mean we would be paying $299 plus more for each one of us to enter??

Math...eek!

Great question Terry! If I may I would like to add if you are a "non-Havenite" what is the additional charge to get into Vibe? If there is an add'l charge does that mean we would be paying $299 plus more for each one of us to enter??

Math...eek!

I would assume you each pay for entrance to Vibe (whatever it is $99? for the week) and then purchase the cabana separately for $299. It seats two. So total should be $497 for two.

The $100 food and bev credit would go pretty quickly over the week, even if just for soda or bottled water.

Robin

Archived