Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Couldn't agree with you more, well put. Realistically NCL made the mistake of opening a pandora's box by including Vibe/Posh access to suite guests in the past. Again, big mistake on their part, because now suite guests are expecting it.

Haven guests have access to the Haven. If they want access to Vibe, they have to pay for it - just like everyone else does. Personally, the Haven area is so not worth it to me. Depends on what you want. I will definitely be renting a cabana for the week. To me, that is worth it.

Now that reviews are coming in, has anyone read anything about Carlos Bake shop? I've been looking but I have not found anything regarding how good are the 'treats'. Is it worth the hype to pay extra for the sweet treats? I have seen pictures, but nothing on anyone trying anything yet. The cakes and all look very good.

If you like fondant (yuck) ... the cakes are overrated and not worth the hype. There are an abundance of bakeries in this area (North Jersey) that are 100 times better than Carlos' bakery.

Now that reviews are coming in, has anyone read anything about Carlos Bake shop? I've been looking but I have not found anything regarding how good are the 'treats'. Is it worth the hype to pay extra for the sweet treats? I have seen pictures, but nothing on anyone trying anything yet. The cakes and all look very good.

I haven't tried anything from Carlos Bake Shop (there is new shop in the Port Authority building in New York). I'm going into the city on the 14th, instead of Crumbs, I'll try it.

I did hear that their cakes are good but VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. This coming from a woman that walked into the bake shop in Hoboken and wanted just a small cake from the counter display, nothing real fancy. I think she said it was $45 or $50 and this was BEFORE he had his hit TV show. I'm not sure what his prices are now or what his prices would be on the ship.

I saw sfogliatelle (Lobster tails) in the pictures and hopefully they are as good as the ones from Carlos here on land. Now if they have their crumb cake tat could be hard to pass up.

The lobster tails and crumb cake - I agree. They are good. The cakes are horrible though. If you are near Roselle, try Pinho's bakery. Way better than Carlos.

A comment on the Haven. The Haven is why we booked NCL. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We are an average couple who have worked really hard and saved really hard to do something special to celebrate. Otherwise we would probably be in a regular balcony or oceanview room. We laughed when reading about Butler and Concierge service...but yes, we plan to go all out and enjoy this one week (sans kids) and take full advantage of all the Haven ammenities and perks. :)

Good for You!! We all deserve some pampering, especially for such a special occasion. Congratulations, and may it be all you have worked hard for, and dreamed of.:)

Ok - so far I love the fact that Vibe is adult only and everyone has to pay to use it; I love the wine dispensers; I love the waterway; definitely love the slides; and I might be in that kids pool because all of the sponge bob things are way cool!

Not so crazy about the small balconies or the pool deck itself. I think that's all for now.

Anyone else?

It sounds better than Steerage :D

Steerage= Inside & Ocean view

Balcony's= 2nd Class

Suite= First class

I consider myself Steerage that has somehow fooled everyone into thinking I'm first class :rolleyes:;):D

Well if you plan on eating on your balcony (and this goes for almost all balconies on this ship), you better ask room service is they'll let you borrow a table as well, because the one you'll have will hold nothing more than a coffee and an OJ :rolleyes: (which bums us out too for this very reason; you know it's a problem when passengers have to consider bringing camping or tailgate gear in order to make proper use of their balcony!)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

When I first started looking at the pictures of the mini suites on NCL's website I thought they looked very sleek and uncluttered compared to minis I've been in on the Star and Dawn.

Then I realized that they look sleek and uncluttered because there are no "surfaces" for clutter to accumulate on.

On the Star and Dawn there was a coffee table in front of the couch, big enough for drinks, snacks, and stacks of the various papers, ads, and announcements that got delivered every day. There was also a larger square table with a couple of straight chairs that we used for eating and for working/sorting pictures on our laptops.

I tried to re-imagine these items/activities on the Breakaway -- papers, plates, cups, glasses, laptops, husband, and I seem to all be on the floor :eek::eek:

I'm sure NCL thinks that multi-function cube thing is a clever space-saver for these very narrow cabins, but it can only serve one purpose and one person at a time. I guess we're fortunate that it's not also expected to unfold and transform itself into our bed :D

Though the list of suite perks is determined by NCL and can be changed as they see fit. However if I had booked with the understanding that it was part of that list, I'd be a bit ticked if it was then "taken away". Tom

And.....that there says it all! Couldn't agree more.

I, also, enjoy my balcony very much!

Harriet

The lobster tails and crumb cake - I agree. They are good. The cakes are horrible though. If you are near Roselle, try Pinho's bakery. Way better than Carlos.

Ok so I will try the lobster tails and crumb cakes. I've got to conserve calories and I cant afford to waste any on bad selections LOL

why do people think vibe is included with the haven. Is it because it was included on the Epic?

I think that was a mistake on the Epic. You had suite guests using the haven and posh - cruise guests purchasing passes to posh - just too crowded. They are doing it right with the Breakaway and Getaway, IMO.

I have not read anywhere that it is adult only. However i do believe that they did VIBE this [charge] way to prevent the problems POSH[Epic] was having. There were numerous complaints about kids taking over and other haven guests could not enjoy the area. But NCL always said nothing could be done. So now they have the fix. You will have to pay for your children to go to the vibe area. Most folks will not do that. This means fewer children. If it were free to haven you can’t tell someone’s family member that they can’t come in its apart of the haven perk.

Now, you say you are welcome but we are going to charge you. That eliminates those unruly children, and a takeover. If you think about it, it was the best way to fix that problem and still be 'politically correct'. So NCL must have heard the complaints from the haven guests. IMHO... (This is all conjecture:D)

*side note: it does suck that haven folks are paying $$$$$ and still have to pay more $$. I personally would be slightly pissed but...

EDIT: i JUST LOOKED AT MY INFORMATION AGAIN. IT IS FOR "EXCLUSIVELY FOR THOSE 18 AND OVER" (my bad)

Posh was also 18 and over, and there weren't a whole lot of problems with kids in Posh, occasionally teens of questionable age. When we were in Posh, the age restriction was completely enforced. The kids problem is in the Haven itself - but that's where the suite kids go - to the Haven pool and hot tubs.

Robin

Ok - so far I love the fact that Vibe is adult only and everyone has to pay to use it; I love the wine dispensers; I love the waterway; definitely love the slides; and I might be in that kids pool because all of the sponge bob things are way cool!

Not so crazy about the small balconies or the pool deck itself. I think that's all for now.

Anyone else?

I agree! I love the waterfront...Ocean 678, Ocean Blue, Bar 21 (i cant wait to try that), im feeling the waterslides, Plank has got me curious, the new bliss lounge, the hot dog stands (omg).

Pool deck, im good with..i'll be in the shade. im in a studio so balcony a non issue.

Interesting that they made H20 leveled versus stadium ...but i like it, and I like that waterfall thing in spice.

NCL's web site is showing a "waterfall" feature in Vibe similar to what they have in H2O. I don't see that on any of the pictures though. Is there one?

I've seen pictures and it looks really cool. I found it on one of the photo blogs. I'm sure someone can find it for you.

Will you now need to buy 3 passes to Vibe?

Yup. Not a big deal. The thing people don't realize, I think, is just how expensive the Haven suites can be. On our sailing, it was over $10,000 for two people. So yeah, there is a bit of expectation that certain things should be included at that price. I agree, when a balcony costs almost $5000 for two, it sure feels expensive, but with the Haven suites at twice that price, it gets to REALLY feeling expensive, so it's all relative. We will see how this Vibe thing works out, perhaps there is no longer much reason to pay double for the Haven, just book an M6 and spend the cash elsewhere...

Robin

Archived