Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

[quote name='time2cruise1']Better start rebooking. Keep in mind there is a private sun deck area next to vibe and every bit as nice for just Haven guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim[/quote]

So there is a private sun deck ONLY for Haven guest besides the Courtyard, like on the Jewel class?That works for me.
Is there any way that could be open to the public in the future?Unfortunately on the Epic they opened that area and it was complete kaos in the Courtyard.

[quote name='cruisingabuela']So there is a private sun deck ONLY for Haven guest besides the Courtyard, like on the Jewel class?That works for me.
Is there any way that could be open to the public in the future?Unfortunately on the Epic they opened that area and it was complete kaos in the Courtyard.[/QUOTE]

The other side behind frosted windows is public. Unlike the Epic they planned to have 2/3 of the forward facing sun deck public and 1/3 Haven. There is high wall and locked door separating the areas. Non of the public areas have a view into the courtyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Gambee, Gambee's Mom, Joeski and Shaun and any other 5/19'ers - have an AMAZING time on Breakaway. Thank you all for your hard work and energy you all devoted to this thread. But I think I liked the humor the best.

Can't wait to read reviews (well, Gambee's because Shaun has to decide if he had fun after reading Gambee's review first HAHAHA)

Welcome to NY - it's a little more grey today than I was expecting. Hope the weather holds out for your sailaway tomorrow. We're headed to a Yankee game tomorrow.

Bon Voyage!

The "approval rating" of the Breakaway is down to 52% :( I am patiently waiting for more reviews, but it appears that the main complaint - other than the balcony size - is that everything is scaled down, but more crowded.

Anyway, Gambee, Mom, Shaun, and Joeski - have a great time. I know you will have fun no matter what! It's yucky here today, and tomorrow it is supposed to rain, but I am sure it will clear up for you once you have sailed!

[quote name='joeski27']Thanks! And by the way since I happen to recall that you are a future M6'er, I'm actually planning to try to capture some very unique images of the balcony (and for that matter, other venues of the ship) using some rather new technology that I don't believe anyone has tried before on CC. I'll just leave it at that for now, and if it works out I'll post links :cool:. Plus I might post a few regular photos of anything particularly fun or out of the ordinary to this thread once I'm on board using Tapatalk on my phone :)[/quote]

Sounds Amazing....another thing I can't wait for, to see what you have up your sleeve :D;)
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your experience, which I know will be amazing. BTW, I'm sure you have checked, but the weather for Bermuda sounds amazing next week. Mid-70's, sunny, 0% chance of rain. Enjoy it....and if you get a chance, stop by the Swizzle Inn for an original Rum Swizzle. It's a Bermudian experience you won't forget.[URL]http://www.swizzleinn.com/[/URL]

[quote name='Dawn_w_twins']Is there some sort of entertainment venue where they do oldies and such - you know the 50s 60s etc. the stuff you know all the words to and enjoy singing along with?[/quote]

I think on the Breakaway, they consider the 80's oldies :eek:
Hence the 80's party , and emphasis on music from that era.

[quote name='time2cruise1']The other side behind frosted windows is public. Unlike the Epic they planned to have 2/3 of the forward facing sun deck public and 1/3 Haven. There is high wall and locked door separating the areas. Non of the public areas have a view into the courtyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim[/quote]

I have been debating on the Getaway.My last Epic sailing was not like my past NCL cruises.The Courtyards on the Jewel Class ships are more what I enjoy.Never was there an issue for a chair.Those in charge of the Epic did not want to hear any complaints nor to accomodate the Haven guests.Front forward was open to all and I wanted to make sure that the Getaway will have that private sundeck before I book.I can live without Vibe if there is a private sundeck with plenty of chairs.

[quote name='seabird1122']Sounds Amazing....another thing I can't wait for, to see what you have up your sleeve :D;)
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your experience, which I know will be amazing. BTW, I'm sure you have checked, but the weather for Bermuda sounds amazing next week. Mid-70's, sunny, 0% chance of rain. Enjoy it....and if you get a chance, stop by the Swizzle Inn for an original Rum Swizzle. It's a Bermudian experience you won't forget.[URL]http://www.swizzleinn.com/[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks! And yes I'm thinking about hitting up the Swizzle, probably when we're in that neighborhood checking out the aquarium and caverns :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='SissasMomE']The "approval rating" of the Breakaway is down to 52% :( I am patiently waiting for more reviews, but it appears that the main complaint - other than the balcony size - is that everything is scaled down, but more crowded.

Anyway, Gambee, Mom, Shaun, and Joeski - have a great time. I know you will have fun no matter what! It's yucky here today, and tomorrow it is supposed to rain, but I am sure it will clear up for you once you have sailed![/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I noticed that a few days ago. Well the balcony is not an issue for Joeski, Shaun or me, but I know Slice was a little bummed out about it. As far as feeling crowded, that could be a big issue. We will find out tomorrow I guess.

Just check in our hotel and going to relax for a little, we are beyond exhausted. The sad part is we really did not accomplish anything so far other than eating a very good pizza :D.

[quote name='time2cruise1']The other side behind frosted windows is public. Unlike the Epic they planned to have 2/3 of the forward facing sun deck public and 1/3 Haven. There is high wall and locked door separating the areas. Non of the public areas have a view into the courtyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim[/QUOTE]

On Breakaway, the part that is all the way forward - with the hammocks - is that open to the public?

[quote name='seabird1122']I think on the Breakaway, they consider the 80's oldies :eek:
Hence the 80's party , and emphasis on music from that era.[/QUOTE]

I remember when I was a teen in the 70s, the 50s were all the rage. 50s parties, "Happy Days", Chubby Checker and The Twist. My Mom was horrified, she couldn't believe her era was considered "oldies".

All I can say is thank heavens they bypassed the 70s (ick) on the Breakaway and went to the 80s. Now to see if I can find some shoulder pads.....:eek:

Mimi:)

[quote name='gambee']Hmmmm, I noticed that a few days ago. Well the balcony is not an issue for Joeski, Shaun or me, but I know Slice was a little bummed out about it. As far as feeling crowded, that could be a big issue. We will find out tomorrow I guess.

Just check in our hotel and going to relax for a little, we are beyond exhausted. The sad part is we really did not accomplish anything so far other than eating a very good pizza :D.[/QUOTE]

Hey - good pizza is definitely an accomplishment! I miss it when we are in Florida!! Are you close to Times Square? If so, take a walk around. You will see a lit of "sights" LOL

[quote name='seabird1122']I think on the Breakaway, they consider the 80's oldies :eek:
Hence the 80's party , and emphasis on music from that era.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the 80's music is starting to be the oldies. Those in their 40's-60's now were in the low end to high end of the ad demographics during the 80's. Oy vey I am feeling old.

[quote name='pyrrhus']The problem is that the 80's music is starting to be the oldies. Those in their 40's-60's now were in the low end to high end of the ad demographics during the 80's. Oy vey I am feeling old.[/QUOTE]

My 16-year old knows just as many 80's songs as her dad and I do LOL 80's music is the best!

[quote name='SissasMomE']Hey - good pizza is definitely an accomplishment! I miss it when we are in Florida!! Are you close to Times Square? If so, take a walk around. You will see a lit of "sights" LOL[/QUOTE]

Yeah we are close by, we already went there and did a little bit of shopping. I got ripped off with a $32 8gb memory card for my camera, the other one died on me and took with it a few pictures of the intrepid and the NCL Dawn I think?

We are just relaxing in the room a little and then going back out :)

[quote name='SissasMomE']My 16-year old knows just as many 80's songs as her dad and I do LOL 80's music is the best![/quote]

The same goes for my 14 & 15 yr olds! They say they hate the 80's, but they know every word, to every song and sing along when the songs come on the radio!!!:) 80's rock!!!:D

[quote name='gambee']Hmmmm, I noticed that a few days ago. Well the balcony is not an issue for Joeski, Shaun or me, but I know Slice was a little bummed out about it. As far as feeling crowded, that could be a big issue. We will find out tomorrow I guess.

Just check in our hotel and going to relax for a little, we are beyond exhausted. The sad part is we really did not accomplish anything so far other than eating a very good pizza :D.[/QUOTE]

What hotel r u in?? Is it nice. Did u get a good price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[quote name='Ctrinh225']What hotel r u in?? Is it nice. Did u get a good price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

It will all be in the review (pics), the hotel is brand new. Comfort in, right next to the pier, one block away. Very nice hotel, very roomy room and comfortable. I am quite impressed, for the price paid. Highly recommended! I think I paid $340, but only because I wanted to separate beds, it was much cheaper with just one bed. There is also a holiday inn right next to us.

[quote name='gambee']Lol, :D no measuring tape here. Just arrived in NY :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the state of New York Gambee!! :D

I am supposed to be in the city with friends from school right now because that's where my senior trip is to but I decided not to go. What a shame, I might've ran in to you!

[quote name='gambee'] The sad part is we really did not accomplish anything so far other than eating a very good pizza :D.[/quote]

Welcome to New York!!! Of course it was good Pizza!
Have an amazing journey :D
Looking so forward to your take on the Breakaway

[quote name='capp']I remember when I was a teen in the 70s, the 50s were all the rage. 50s parties, "Happy Days", Chubby Checker and The Twist. My Mom was horrified, she couldn't believe her era was considered "oldies".

All I can say is thank heavens they bypassed the 70s (ick) on the Breakaway and went to the 80s. Now to see if I can find some shoulder pads.....:eek:

Mimi:)[/quote]

I'm was a 70's era teen myself, and I know exactly what you mean. Funny how the 'oldies' keep getting younger, including us ;)
Don't forget the hairspray so you can create the 'BIG HAIR' to go with the shoulder pads :D

[quote name='pyrrhus']The problem is that the 80's music is starting to be the oldies. Those in their 40's-60's now were in the low end to high end of the ad demographics during the 80's. Oy vey I am feeling old.[/quote]

True that!!!:p

[quote name='cruisingabuela']Is this confirmed?Does a Haven guest have to pay for Vibe?
If this is the case I am changing from suite to balcony![/QUOTE]

As a Haven pax, I see no need for vibe. However, I'll be in the haven WITH my children. Others might want to escape children and go to vibe. Of course I'll supervise and discipline my children. Because of this, they are very well behaved...I WOULD NOT allow them to "be wild" in the haven. We view the haven as "the quiet pool" like in Disney (and probably other resorts that we've never been to with children). Most likely, if I'm utilizing the haven sun deck, my husband would be inside the courtyard with the children (or vice versa) OR, we'd be out there together with the children at Splash Academy. I would think my children would be very bored on the haven sun deck.

[quote name='gambee']It will all be in the review (pics), the hotel is brand new. Comfort in, right next to the pier, one block away. Very nice hotel, very roomy room and comfortable. I am quite impressed, for the price paid. Highly recommended! I think I paid $340, but only because I wanted to separate beds, it was much cheaper with just one bed. There is also a holiday inn right next to us.[/QUOTE]

Thank u. I was looking at that and the Marriott Times Square as well. Can't wait for ur review!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived