Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Just looked at the webcam, Gambee you are having AMAZING weather!! I am so jealous, look at that water! :cool: I must go to Bermuda for my next cruise after the Allure, it just looks incredible.

For those of you thinking about canceling, because of dinning issues. I would say don't do it. Yes right now it's a mess but they might sort it out. Also u could avoid prime hours. At 5:30 it's confirmed to be nice and uncrowded. .

LOL - It won't be now as I can see everyone going to dinner around 5:30 to 'miss the rush'! LOL

I think Bermuda is my new favorite island. Now I can see why people come here year after year.

As this trip comes to an end, I am so very grateful that I was able to do this. Life is too short and hard, and vacations like this make it so worth it.

So happy to hear your opinion of Bermuda is the same as mine!! :D I try to explain to people when I tell them I'm off to Bermuda, and they reply "AGAIN" that it is a treasure:)

Glad you are having such a worthwhile journey, and making great memories. May your return trip home be even better.

Are you inferring that I'm not credible? I have been on Breakaway. I have experienced the ship...Personally. Have you or are we going to rely on your second-hand information?

BTW...There is no "dispute". I was just giving MY OPINION based on MY DIRECT EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS. That is why my original post started with "I think...". Am I not allowed to express my opinion?

Thanks for the clarification! :D :cool: :D

Have a good weekend.

I can only speak for myself and with that, I would not and are not canceling a cruise soley due to restaurant wait times. However, slow/poor service bothers me which I experienced on the Jewel 50% of the time last year while dining in the MDR's which I was not happy with nor expected. Certainly not a new ship by any means.

Like many, I booked a cruise aboard the Breakaway when she was still being built partially based on artist renderings. She is a fine ship. No doubt. One that will make great memories for many passengers who sail her.

Bottom line. We all decide what we feel works for us and how much we are willing to pay and in return, what is expected. Not so sure the Breakaway is going to deliver for ME.

I understand. My point is sail her an experience for yourself. You are probably hearing there are wait times, but maybe not at ALL of the resturants. Dont go by 'someone' elses remarks and thoughts, because its just that..their own. You may not experience wait times. You would probably have no problems at all. I recognize some people are just natural critics in life and will find some thing wrong with everything, and that is just how they view life.

Im reading the reviews, I knowto based on the reviews the areas that I need be flexible on as to not experience same thing. or at least im prepared for it. Never would i consider canceling my Breakaway cruise unless i hear the captian and First officer got drunk, decided to run buck naked in the halls yelling come on yall let's go streaking...and takes off running ass out..Then...see ya NCL!:D:D:D

Its your money, and your time...your decisions and you have to feel happy in that.

Yup. Me too! :p

If I could sail off season and for half the price, I'd be less concerned about service issues and all but when facing a 4K bill not including extras or activities while in Bermuda, I really have to think hard about this one.

Perhaps it wasn't meant to be at this time? I'll have to decide soon. :(

When I first started researching, I was looking at a balcony cabin in April 2014 For our 10 year anniversary. Out of curiously, we checked October. Because it was SO MUCH cheaper, we looked into upgrades. LONG story short: we are only paying $200 more, than a balcony in April, for an Aft-facing penthouse in October!!!! The fact that we sail away on our SHARED birthday is just gravy....his 40th....PRICELESS!!!

Don't get me wrong, we're still paying a lot! :eek:

Perhaps Gambee can check out and see if the wait times for the MDRs are listed on the iConcierge app? If I "check in" to the MDR early and then am able to walk around a bit while waiting, at least my kids won't be going stir crazy!

I was wondering how the quoted time compares to the actual wait time.

I Never would i consider canceling my Breakaway cruise unless i hear the captian and First officer got drunk, decided to run buck naked in the halls yelling come on yall let's go streaking...and takes off running ass out..Then...see ya NCL!:D:D:D .

Sounds like a party! Lol

LONG story short: we are only paying $200 more, than a balcony in April, for an Aft-facing penthouse in October!!!! The fact that we sail away on our SHARED birthday is just gravy....his 40th....PRICELESS!!!

Don't get me wrong, we're still paying a lot! :eek:

Sweet. Enjoy!!!

Sounds like a party! Lol

Hahaha oh it would be a party..and im all for a party...but my captain getting it in like that on duty?lol lol

.actually thats one of my favorite scenes in the movie old school with wil ferrell...:D

Love that Bermuda webcam, but the webcam operator seem to be fixated on the crew members hanging out on that front platform/hinged door...sorry, you would think I would know what the part is called, as I watched them put together the whole ship on this thread! :eek::p

Love that Bermuda webcam, but the webcam operator seem to be fixated on the crew members hanging out on that front platform/hinged door...sorry, you would think I would know what the part is called, as I watched them put together the whole ship on this thread! :eek::p

LOL, maybe it's referred to as "the plank" by the crew! Lol. I have no idea what it's called, either, but I noticed the same thing

They're pulling in her lines now...looks like the Breakaway will be underway soon!

I love Breakaway colors against the sea and sky. Love hearing the horn and bells ..... love that we'll be on the Sun in 10 days :)

Will sail Breakaway (or Getaway) sooner or later but for now will just enjoy looking at her.

Archived