Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Have to agree w/Slice. Ocean Blue was amazing. Food was delicious. This cruise was fantastic even w/2 bad sea days. Meeting people was great. Actually, ran into Gambee @ Spice H2o yesterday. A fine young man. Spoke about the ship with him. When to Burn The Floor last night. It was very good. Amazed how they can dance while the ship rocked & rolled. Overall, not much to complain about this trip. Weather in Bermuda was great. The ship is beautiful. Laid out wonderfully. BTW, they might have to drag me off. Still sitting on deck 16. The sun feels great. Sailaway today s/b really nice. For those getting on her today, enjoy. It goes really fast.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

If you take or continue to take Bonine or other sea sickness meds for a few days after you get home, you should be fine.

I don't get sea or land sick (thankfully) but one of my travel companions does and she had land sickness pretty badly one time. This seems to have done the trick for her.

That is what I am planning on doing my upcoming trip in June if there is rough seas. I did not have an issue when on the Dawn many years ago when we sailed out of NY to FL/Bahamas in June. That cruise on the Gem we had a forward canon on deck 10 and the ship was sailing up the coast (FL/ Bahamas again) in Dec/Jan and hit a cold front. This time we will be on deck 10 aft.

Welcome home everyone! Looking forward to your reviews and pictures.

Hello NYC!!

For all those boarding today enjoy!! It was amazing time despite rough seas yesterday!

I will post dailies when I get home and my review is almost done.

Btw, Ocean Blue was amazing!

That's great to know...leaving in 2 hours!!!

Have to agree w/Slice. Ocean Blue was amazing. Food was delicious. This cruise was fantastic even w/2 bad sea days. Meeting people was great. Actually, ran into Gambee @ Spice H2o yesterday. A fine young man. Spoke about the ship with him. When to Burn The Floor last night. It was very good. Amazed how they can dance while the ship rocked & rolled. Overall, not much to complain about this trip. Weather in Bermuda was great. The ship is beautiful. Laid out wonderfully. BTW, they might have to drag me off. Still sitting on deck 16. The sun feels great. Sailaway today s/b really nice. For those getting on her today, enjoy. It goes really fast.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

glad you had a good time!!

Keep in mind you may get land sick after 21 footers, and after what you described. Get more Bonine , just in case. With what you described, sea state, sea sick wise, use caution, that's a perfect set up for land sea sick. Just an FYI. You didn't feel it, then you did at 8' foot waves, then not at 15', but you did at 21'. Text book. Be careful on land when you arrive. Aren't you in FL? I hope you're not driving. Actually if you moving it's not bad. It's when "you" are still, as in an aircraft bathroom, is when you feel it the worst. I hope I'm wrong. If it occurs, your are not alone. 10% of pax experience this , especially when on seas states as yours. Anyway ...

Welcome back to the USA.

This happened to me after my cruise in January to the South Pacific. We sailed out of Sydney as a cyclone was sweeping towards the Australian coast. Meant a whole change in our itinerary and we missed a port due to the changes. For 2-3 days we were sailing with 20-30 foot waves and even hit one they announced was 45 foot.

So many people were looking green for those few days and we met several who were making plans to jump off at the first port and fly home. Would not have been a good intro to anyone on their first cruise. The captain kept referring to the "motion of the ocean" which made us laugh but I'm sure those who were ill weren't laughing. :(

Was so grateful our booking was messed up prior to boarding, bumping us out of our balcony to a midship oceanview, as the position was the best for the conditions. Never felt seasick at all on the ship but after I got home I got soooooo sick. I have never experienced anything quite like it. Was very disorienting and my stomach was heaving!! :eek:

Hope none of you experience that!! :cool:

Agreed. And as somebody pointed out, kids complicate things. I might deal with hourlong waits if I were cruising solo, but wouldn't want to subject my kid to that (or, as someone else noted, subject other passengers to my bored, hungry kid). And why should I, if, say, a Disney cruise won't have the same problem?

Oh. I am at buffet area :). Good thing I was here when the announcement was made.

The Delmonico steak in Ocean Blue was the most amazing moo particle I have ever had!! Get it!! You won't regret it.

MDR service was slow. I got there right when the MDR opened and three nights of dinner service took almost an hour and a half.

The Delmonico steak in Ocean Blue was the most amazing moo particle I have ever had!! Get it!! You won't regret it.

MDR service was slow. I got there right when the MDR opened and three nights of dinner service took almost an hour and a half.

Could part of the problem be passengers eating multiple main courses and people taking their time to eat? Or is the food coming up slow from the galley? I know on our last cruise our waiter kept on asking if we wanted seconds. My son had three bowls of lime sorbert one night and they were not rushing us out.

I guess it's good they don't rush you out, lol. If you tell them you are trying to make the early show, do they try to speed it up a bit? We usually dine on the early side as well, just curious

We also get a video tour this time or is it like how you took videos of certain areas on the Silly?! Really can't wait, I shouldn't be this excited about a cruise review! :p I should be focusing on finals but I think I know where I'll be spending my time while procrastinating!

I feel like I've been procrastinating on EVERYTHING, ever since we booked on March 10th! My husband keeps reminding me that we have so much to look forward to between now and the cruise: 2 summers, many holidays, birthdays (between the 4 of us), etc. but I can't stop reading info on the ship!

I woke up with a headache today (weird: had 9 hrs sleep and didn't drink last night) it's like subconsciously I knew there was trouble on the Breakaway! Honestly though, I don't know how I missed it....I was looking for info here last night.

My mother in law boards today and I wonder if she ever finds out about the "Breakapart" pieces.

We also get a video tour this time or is it like how you took videos of certain areas on the Silly?! Really can't wait, I shouldn't be this excited about a cruise review! :p I should be focusing on finals but I think I know where I'll be spending my time while procrastinating!

I feel like I've been procrastinating on EVERYTHING, ever since we booked on March 10th! My husband keeps reminding me that we have so much to look forward to between now and the cruise: 2 summers, many holidays, birthdays (between the 4 of us), etc. but I can't stop reading info on the ship!

I woke up with a headache today (weird: had 9 hrs sleep and didn't drink last night) it's like subconsciously I knew there was trouble on the Breakaway! Honestly though, I don't know how I missed it....I was looking for info here last night.

My mother in law boards today and I wonder if she ever finds out about the "Breakapart" pieces.

Easiest de embarkation ever! Other than the hold up.

I seriously recommend easy walk off. I saw a lot of people waiting for their color to be called.

I agree! I left my room at 7.45 and was home by 8.30. It was great to meet you and your mom. Have a safe flight home and I look forward to your review.

Could part of the problem be passengers eating multiple main courses and people taking their time to eat? Or is the food coming up slow from the galley? I know on our last cruise our waiter kept on asking if we wanted seconds. My son had three bowls of lime sorbert one night and they were not rushing us out.

Food was coming up slow. It took almost 20 minutes for the appetizers, almost 30 minutes for the main course to come after the appetizers, and then it forever for our plates to be cleared and then for the dessert menu to come out.

I think part of the problem was HUGE parties in the MDR, we saw a party of 20, 14, 10, and some groups of six.

Service was fast and wonderful during our stay in Bermuda.

Yesterday at O'Sheehan's for lunch was a madhouse. The appetizers and lunch course came out at the same time. I had my food 10 minutes before my husbands came out. He got his burger and then five minutes later his appetizer showed up.

Good luck to this sailing today. 1300 kids are going to be onboard, it will certainly be a madhouse.

The waterfront was never really crowded even on a nice sea day there was plenty of room!

The hot dog cart is nearly impossible to find!!!

I agree! I left my room at 7.45 and was home by 8.30. It was great to meet you and your mom. Have a safe flight home and I look forward to your review.

Thank you so much for treating to dinner and much more. I had a great time with you guys, anytime you go to Florida you have to let me know. Ill take you around the city and to dinner.

Archived