Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

1.5hr-2hr is standard dining time on most ships.

If you want to do it quicker you should be asking for prompt service from your waiters.

On the Epic we were in and out of the MDR's in under an hour, the specialty restaurants were longer but that was expected since it's a different dining experience.

I don't think telling a waiter you needed prompt service would have helped. We noticed the food would come up in huge groups. Let's say our neighboring tabled ordered their food 15 minutes before us, they didn't get their food until we did and about 10 other tables.

Wow, you're fast. Is your review up yet?

Nope not yet, I wanted to get the dailies up first. I'll work on finishing up the review and posting it soon. I'll work on pictures later. I'll probably do what I did with my Epic review and create different threads, one for dailies, one for review, and one for pics.

I hope you had a good flight home! :)

Nope not yet, I wanted to get the dailies up first. I'll work on finishing up the review and posting it soon. I'll work on pictures later. I'll probably do what I did with my Epic review and create different threads, one for dailies, one for review, and one for pics.

Flight was a little bumpy. Just waiting for my bf now.

Yeah I remember. Can't wait to see your pics, I told everyone here on CC about your nice camera. So we are expecting great stuff :D

Flight was a little bumpy. Just waiting for my bf now.

Yeah I remember. Can't wait to see your pics, I told everyone here on CC about your nice camera. So we are expecting great stuff :D

Ohh bumpy flight, high seas yesterday, you've experienced all kinds rough transportation! I hope the drive home with your bf is trouble free.

I need to unload my pictures, hopefully they turned out! I took a big gamble not unloading them nightly.

Ohh bumpy flight, high seas yesterday, you've experienced all kinds rough transportation! I hope the drive home with your bf is trouble free.

I need to unload my pictures, hopefully they turned out! I took a big gamble not unloading them nightly.

I forgot can you please send me the link of the bags u bought on amazon?

Once he tells his BF he wants to book quatum of the seas for next year it may be a rough ride :D

I'm eager for your pictures, Gambee told us about your equipment so we have high expectations! :D Haha, just kidding! But I know they will be good. Going to read your Epic review now! :)

Once he tells his BF he wants to book quatum of the seas for next year it may be a rough ride :D

HAHA! I think we need to put together a little group for a Quantum sailing, I don't know if I would have anyone to go with since most of my fam want's to take a land vacation next :rolleyes:

I forgot can you please send me the link of the bags u bought on amazon?

I am overall pretty pleased with my new luggage. The handle is a bit wobbly but I've read that most spinner bags are like that unless you spend major $$$ which I refuse to do on luggage.

It's the Rockland Luggage Melbourne 3 piece. I think it's a few bucks cheaper on eBags but I didn't have time for their free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FMHO3U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am overall pretty pleased with my new luggage. The handle is a bit wobbly but I've read that most spinner bags are like that unless you spend major $$$ which I refuse to do on luggage.

It's the Rockland Luggage Melbourne 3 piece. I think it's a few bucks cheaper on eBags but I didn't have time for their free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FMHO3U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool thank you.

Also thank you so much for the cookies, I brought them home with me so my BF can try them out. Kept all the pins also and the wipes work great, I was impressed, how did they work for you?

I am having serious trouble with my camera at this time, I need to make a decision if to wether send it back or not. I think she is the one damaging my cards...

Try http://www.overstock.com waaaaay cheaper and shipping on everything is $2.95 :D

Cool thank you.

Also thank you so much for the cookies, I brought them home with me so my BF can try them out. Kept all the pins also and the wipes work great, I was impressed, how did they work for you?

I am having serious trouble with my camera at this time, I need to make a decision if to wether send it back or not. I think she is the one damaging my cards...

:) you're welcome. I hope you both like the cookies. I thought the lens wipes worked great. I am really glad I bought them! I am so mad, my ship pin fell off my camera strap :(

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your camera troubles. I wonder why she is being so feisty all of a sudden?

On the Epic we were in and out of the MDR's in under an hour, the specialty restaurants were longer but that was expected since it's a different dining experience.

I don't think telling a waiter you needed prompt service would have helped. We noticed the food would come up in huge groups. Let's say our neighboring tabled ordered their food 15 minutes before us, they didn't get their food until we did and about 10 other tables.

We were on Adventure of the Seas in February and every meal in the MDR took at least 1.5 hours, but that was because one of our table mates ordered no less than four appetizers every night. Thank goodness they were good company.

Phew, I think I'm finally caught up on the postings! We arrived home yesterday about 11am, and I slept away the afternoon - had gotten up at 5am to sail under the Verrazano, since we missed it on sail away day!

I will get a review out this week, from my own different perspective. But in the meantime.. Gambee, did you ever get to the Raw Bar? They did not lower the price, but actually raised it - instead of $49 for the Tower for Two, it was now $35 per person, a good way of sneaking in a price increase that didn't look like a price increase :D.. They were nice, though, and prepared me a Tower for One ($35) with three shrimp, three oysters, three clams, 1/2 a very small (but very good) lobster, and a small dish of ceviche.. I had it on the night my family went to Cirque and it was delicious, even though small..

I have mixed feelings about our sailing and the ship. All in all, it was excellent, just unsure if it was the cruise I was looking for - it felt very different from other NCL sailings (even the Epic). May have been a combination of itinerary, weather, ship, minor annoyances, and my own need for relaxation. Certainly nothing for anyone to worry about for future sailings, just my own perspective.. Will get my thoughts together and post more detail later this week..

Glad to be home with my puppies and some lovely weather at the Jersey Beaches - but my week on the Breakaway went by waaaay too fast!

Robin

Phew, I think I'm finally caught up on the postings! We arrived home yesterday about 11am, and I slept away the afternoon - had gotten up at 5am to sail under the Verrazano, since we missed it on sail away day!

I will get a review out this week, from my own different perspective. But in the meantime.. Gambee, did you ever get to the Raw Bar? They did not lower the price, but actually raised it - instead of $49 for the Tower for Two, it was now $35 per person, a good way of sneaking in a price increase that didn't look like a price increase :D.. They were nice, though, and prepared me a Tower for One ($35) with three shrimp, three oysters, three clams, 1/2 a very small (but very good) lobster, and a small dish of ceviche.. I had it on the night my family went to Cirque and it was delicious, even though small..

I have mixed feelings about our sailing and the ship. All in all, it was excellent, just unsure if it was the cruise I was looking for - it felt very different from other NCL sailings (even the Epic). May have been a combination of itinerary, weather, ship, minor annoyances, and my own need for relaxation. Certainly nothing for anyone to worry about for future sailings, just my own perspective.. Will get my thoughts together and post more detail later this week..

Glad to be home with my puppies and some lovely weather at the Jersey Beaches - but my week on the Breakaway went by waaaay too fast!

Robin

I noticed the price increase in the raw bar, I was like :eek:, not here too. But yeah we tried it and also just had one serving of $35 and shared it. I also tried the tuna and the fluke.

I noticed the price increase in the raw bar, I was like :eek:, not here too. But yeah we tried it and also just had one serving of $35 and shared it. I also tried the tuna and the fluke.

Looks like their loss on the sampler at the raw bar! They would have had higher sales with both of you buying the tower for two. Instead, you shared the one serving!

So glad you all are back and feeding us with the info we've been starved for! Can't wait to read all the reviews!! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

:confused: They're $179 on overstock and $152 on Amazon, so they're not cheaper. I looked all over for new luggage for the cruise and took too long to make up my mind. I have amazon prime so I get free 2 day shipping.

Sorry, but when I was looking for luggage they weren't $179. It was not to long ago, either. I was posting the website as a reference. Prices do change.:rolleyes:

That's great you have Amazon Prime. Good for you!

Just in case someone's doesn't have Amazon Prime and was wondering about shipping costs.....I provided that info. I'm glad you got the best deal for you. Overstock.com is just a source another source who's prices do change from time to time. So if it is currently more $$ :cool: But it's worth a look.

But oh yeah thanks for correcting me on the current prices.:eek:;)

Sorry, but when I was looking for luggage they weren't $179. It was not to long ago, either. I was posting the website as a reference. Prices do change.:rolleyes:

That's great you have Amazon Prime. Good for you!

Just in case someone's doesn't have Amazon Prime and was wondering about shipping costs.....I provided that info. I'm glad you got the best deal for you. Overstock.com is just a source another source who's prices do change from time to time. So if it is currently more $$ :cool: But it's worth a look.

But oh yeah thanks for correcting me on the current prices.:eek:;)

eBags was a much better deal than Amazon and Overstock. But it was nice of you to point out you can buy them at Overstock. I just googled the name of the luggage and found a bunch of sites that sold it to determine what was a fair price to pay.

Coast Guard medevacs heart attack victim from cruise ship 350 miles offshore

Date: May 28, 2013

PORTSMOUTH, Va. — The Coast Guard medevaced a 59-year-old woman Monday from the Norwegian Breakaway, a 1,063-foot cruise ship, approximately 350 miles east of Cape Hatteras, N.C.

A crewmember aboard the Norwegian Breakaway contacted Coast Guard 5th District watchstanders at approximately 5 p.m. Monday reporting a woman suffered a heart attack and was in need of assistance. More...

Archived