Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Your TA should find another career, lol. The aft is back of the ship you're right. The rooms you have are in the front of the ship with a side balcony. They seem to be a good location, maybe a little far from the elevators, but nothing horrible.

One thing to keep in mind is that those rooms might experience more movement than other room say mid ship. So if you have any in your party that suffer from sea sickness I advice looking for a room mid ship, maybe in a lower level.

That glass area is called the bridge and you're right it is the captain area :)

here are your rooms

breakaway_0047_xxl_zps93120a10.png

Hope that helps

Thank you gambee! This was a huge help!

My first time posting on this board, so I hope I'm doing it right. Does anyone have advice on parking at the NY Cruise Terminal? Sailing on Breakaway in June. Is it wise to reserve a parking spot in advance? Is there a preferred area or is it a jumbled mess? Thanks in advance.

It is very easy to park at the terminal and this is how we've always done it..my dh drops me off with the luggage and the porter's are right there to help and take your luggage. My husband parks the car..again very easy..and takes the elevator down to the main terminal. We get in line and check in. Very easy when leaving. Get your luggage and take it up the elevator and my dh gets the car and put the luggage in the car and we're on our way. Always places to park:D

I don't think we can. TA said our sailing is almost sold out and this was the best she could do. I have only ever cruised once before and my husband and I were totally fine - never felt anything on the ship (although our room was mid ship). I think we'll take our chances. When you say "movement" how much are you talking about? I'm sure it's hard to describe and I'm probably over analyzing at this point. This is the first time, as a family, we will be going on a trip together (the last time we did was when we were all kids - about 25 years ago). I just want to make it as perfect as possible. :)

I don't think we can. TA said our sailing is almost sold out and this was the best she could do. I have only ever cruised once before and my husband and I were totally fine - never felt anything on the ship (although our room was mid ship). I think we'll take our chances. When you say "movement" how much are you talking about? I'm sure it's hard to describe and I'm probably over analyzing at this point. This is the first time, as a family, we will be going on a trip together (the last time we did was when we were all kids - about 25 years ago). I just want to make it as perfect as possible. :)

Ill be honest and say that my third cruise is in late March :D, we have yet to experience much movement in a ship. Our past two cruise were aft and mid. Our upcoming cruise in march I booked a room forward like yours to see how different it feels.

I am just going on everything that I read in this forum, everyone says that forward and aft feel more movement than mid.

I am sure you will be fine and that you will have a blast!

I actually like the location of your cabins, they look like the view from there should be great.

Happy sailings :)

Ill be honest and say that my third cruise is in late March :D, we have yet to experience much movement in a ship. Our past two cruise were aft and mid. Our upcoming cruise in march I booked a room forward like yours to see how different it feels.

I am just going on everything that I read in this forum, everyone says that forward and aft feel more movement than mid.

I actually like the location of your cabins, they look like the view from there should be great.

Thanks, same to you! And thanks for all of your help.

If the seas are clam you won't feel much anywhere. If the seas are rough you will feel it any place on the ship. I was on the Rhapsody in 2004 in a lower inside mid-ship. Seems perfect for rougher seas.... Nope. Hurricane Ivan clipped us.... It was a blast only because my wife and I don't get sea sick very easily. Just hope for nice average seas to calm. You aren't going during Hurricane season are you? We are :).

Your TA should find another career, lol. The aft is back of the ship you're right. The rooms you have are in the front of the ship with a side balcony. They seem to be a good location, maybe a little far from the elevators, but nothing horrible.

One thing to keep in mind is that those rooms might experience more movement than other room say mid ship. So if you have any in your party that suffer from sea sickness I advice looking for a room mid ship, maybe in a lower level.

That glass area is called the bridge and you're right it is the captain area :)

here are your rooms

breakaway_0047_xxl_zps93120a10.png

Hope that helps

Can you do that with the AFT decks, too?!

If the seas are clam you won't feel much anywhere. If the seas are rough you will feel it any place on the ship. I was on the Rhapsody in 2004 in a lower inside mid-ship. Seems perfect for rougher seas.... Nope. Hurricane Ivan clipped us.... It was a blast only because my wife and I don't get sea sick very easily. Just hope for nice average seas to calm. You aren't going during Hurricane season are you? We are :).

We are going in mid June, so hopeful the seas won't be too bad? I know anything can happen, but crossing my fingers we'll hit calm seas! I guess I'll buy the bracelets and get meds for everyone (my husband and I had the bracelets on our last cruise and never needed them) just to be sure. I mean, these rooms are basically as forward and you can get on the ship (except for the suites :)).

My first time posting on this board, so I hope I'm doing it right. Does anyone have advice on parking at the NY Cruise Terminal? Sailing on Breakaway in June. Is it wise to reserve a parking spot in advance? Is there a preferred area or is it a jumbled mess? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!! Have you found your roll call yet? You should head over there and talk some of the folks you will be cruising with!!!

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

Haven't stumbled on roll call yet. Sounds like a good idea, so I'll look for it. How many Goldens do you have? I have 2 shelties. Looking forward to the boat ride. We took an NCL cruise Baltimore to Bermuda a few years ago and it was great to go out through the Chesapeake Bay. We were the last ship able to get into St. George on the other side of Bermuda.

Haven't stumbled on roll call yet. Sounds like a good idea, so I'll look for it. How many Goldens do you have? I have 2 shelties. Looking forward to the boat ride. We took an NCL cruise Baltimore to Bermuda a few years ago and it was great to go out through the Chesapeake Bay. We were the last ship able to get into St. George on the other side of Bermuda.

Roll calls are great! We have made some awesome friends that we still travel with that all started on a roll call!!

We only have one golden now:(...we have had three and each and everyone has been so special. We also have the rescued Australian Shepperd who is hysterical!!! He is a grinner...looks like he is growling but he is smiling!!! We hope to find another golden...will probably start looking after the summer!

We've never cruised from Baltimore before...but would love that....really like the idea of not flying!!! We will drive to NY for this cruise...which will be nice...just a 4 hour drive!

Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but we're in 12308, can you show me that please?

I am a few doors to your right, since deck 12 is one of the deepest ones its is hard to see your balcony door, but this should help you get an idea. It might be a little to the left, I am not sure where the door is, I went from the one above.

breakaway_0058_zpsb13903e3.png

Gambee - 12304 I think it was. The corner AFT - but on this ship, I don't think it's really a corner. That one would be a suite, wouldn't it?

s_zps5076d567.png

It does look like a full corner suite, with a very nice balcony. Yours is in orange.

Archived