Carnival GLory to Canada August 6-11: The Noro Cruise

nybumpkin

Saint John is a wonderful city. Absolutely one of the friendliest places I’ve been. These folks will trip over each other to help you with questions about the port area, what to do, etc. Today was no exception. Disney Magic was in port with us; she’s a really nice looking ship.

2369896580094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Glory docked in Saint John. There was some fog here and there during our visit, but overall it was a beautiful day.

2496217890094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Disney Magic docked at Long Wharf.

2990256370094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Train to Reversing Rapids. This is a new excursion; when we went to Reversing Rapids several years ago, we walked.

2703774360094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Saint John.

2592490370094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Marco Polo Cruise Terminal

Kathy...Thank you for your review. You mention the new train excursion for the reversing rapids. Do you know if this is an excursion that you purchase through CCL, or is it something you can just get while there? Also you mentioned walking a few years ago...do you remember how far/long? We are currently holding a reservation for a rental car for the day and wondering if we will need it. Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Kathy...Thank you for your review. You mention the new train excursion for the reversing rapids. Do you know if this is an excursion that you purchase through CCL, or is it something you can just get while there? Also you mentioned walking a few years ago...do you remember how far/long? We are currently holding a reservation for a rental car for the day and wondering if we will need it. Thank you in advance for your help on this.
I've seen it through CCL but not elsewhere. The walk is about 2 miles; the part along Harbour Passage is easy, but when you reach the street you're walking uphill along a busy highway, probably about 1/2 mile. The nice thing about either walking or renting a car is that you can take your time at Reversing Rapids; there are some nice walking paths. Based on the description of the train, I'm not sure whether you have much of a chance to get off the train.

Great Pics ! I am loving your review :)

Thanks for posting. . . Sorry about the kids getting Noro. . . I had it once on a Cruise. Not fun. :(

Radio

;);)

Radio, thank you! I've always enjoyed your photos and videos. Noro's not fun, but fortunately the kids managed to get a pretty mild case.

Then we headed back to Market Square, where the 16 YO wanted to get a pair of sunglasses. Then up to City Market, where I purchased Canada mints for our oldest who was not on the cruise with us. (When we first visited Saint John in 2004, our tour guide introduced that son to Canada mints. He usually makes do with the US-produced version we can buy in our local supermarket, but when we go to Saint John I like to buy him the real thing.)

Okay, I live IN Saint John (in fact, i'm looking at the City Market out my window right now), but I'm VERY curious what "canada mints" are??

Your photos of the city are wonderful - I'm glad you've enjoyed it here so much that you keep returning!! Big Tide is one of my favourite places to eat, I love the game board tables - the restaurant actually has the game pieces to play with too!

Okay, I live IN Saint John (in fact, i'm looking at the City Market out my window right now), but I'm VERY curious what "canada mints" are??
They're the pink (sometimes white) lozenge mints. The store here in the States where I buy them labels them "Canada mints" (even though they're made in Massachusetts). On our first cruise eight years ago, the tour guide for our excursion handed out samples and oldest son got hooked. On one of our visits, we found a three-pound bag of them in a variety store not too far from City Market; unfortunately, the store is gone now and I can find only smaller bags.

They're the pink (sometimes white) lozenge mints. The store here in the States where I buy them labels them "Canada mints" (even though they're made in Massachusetts). On our first cruise eight years ago, the tour guide for our excursion handed out samples and oldest son got hooked. On one of our visits, we found a three-pound bag of them in a variety store not too far from City Market; unfortunately, the store is gone now and I can find only smaller bags.

Okay, that makes sense - I had no idea those were just a canadian thing - I love the pink powdery mints lol! Thanks so much for the clarification!!

Okay, that makes sense - I had no idea those were just a canadian thing - I love the pink powdery mints lol! Thanks so much for the clarification!!
And I do love visiting your city. A road trip through the Maritimes is on my bucket list.:cool:

Archived