What size /brand insulated mug?

tacomaguy20

I'm sure that's true, but the fact is that you should not be putting a personal mug/container onto the common beverage machines. There will likely be signs asking passengers not to do that for sanitary reasons. With close quarters and the way illness spreads onboard, it's best to use measures designed to prevent it. Most people grab a clean coffee cup or glass from the stack and then use that multiple times as necessary to fill their personal mug or other container.

beachchick

Oh that makes sense, I guess I wasn't really thinking about that.

I always have my own beverage containers with me, sometimes two (one for hot, one for cold). Empty they only weigh a couple of ounces, so it's not as though it's making a difference in the weight of my luggage. If I'm pressed for space small items could always be packed inside.

The cruise ships I've been on generally have only smaller glasses at the buffet so I like having my larger one with me. Also, you can't have the ship's glasses near the pool (nor would I want to) so having my own plastic one with a lid works better.

Whenever I fly I carry a 20 oz. cold drink container with me, and fill it with water from water fountains after security. I do this for two reasons; first, airlines hand out water in small "three sip" cups and I drink a lot more water that that and, second, I like having any liquids on the plane in a container with a lid. I've seen beverages go flying too many times when a seat mate moved too quickly and knocked over a neighbor's drink, or the person in front slammed their seat back quickly dumping the stuff off the seat back behind them, or the plane hit turbulence.

I like your point about taking plastic out by the pool because you can't bring glass and that fact that the containers hardly weigh anything doesn't really make a difference in luggage weight. Not to mention something with a good lid so the drinks don't spill. I think you talked me into getting one. Now to find a good one. Those Tervis look good but they seem spendy.

Any retailer will have a big selection in different sizes and price points. If you buy a less expensive one,you can always throw it away at the end of the cruise. I did that with a give-a-way mug that I took on a cruise before I had the Tervis. Try Target,Bed,Bath and Beyond,Kmart and WalMart. There will be lots to choose from!

Archived