Possible group benefits- which would you pick?

RIvacationgirl

I am putting together a group for a cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn next summer. Not a huge group, but we are trying to get at least the 8 room double occupancy for some type of benefit. What have you received, and what would be the best benefit to ask for if they give me a choice?;)

I am putting together a group for a cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn next summer. Not a huge group, but we are trying to get at least the 8 room double occupancy for some type of benefit. What have you received, and what would be the best benefit to ask for if they give me a choice?;)

The best benefit for us would be OBC to split up among the group so everyone can get something THEY want...

YMMV...

I was going to do this on our 4/11 cruise. Some options were: 1bottle of wine per cabin, a 1 hr cocktail party (2 ppl per cabin extras cost $), a specialty dinner (2 ppl per cabin) and/or on board credit.

We never did it because I used a TA who already had a group going so we wound up paying even less and still got wine (nasty) and OBC.

I understand that they have changed group amenities since then and it depends on what date and ship you choose.

Good luck!

If you book 8 cabins double occupancy you should get 1 free berth (i.e. 1 person, not 1 cabin -- cruise fare only, not taxes/fees, equal to the average of the cabins booked by your group members). You can use this for 1 cabin or you can split up the discount equally among the cabins -- although I'm not sure if you have to work that out on your own with your other group members, may depend on your TA. You should also get one or more other perks, which you would be able to pick and may include OBC, cocktail party, wine, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. Whatever perk you choose from this list -- which includes more than I've listed here -- is given to all members of your group.

We had 8 cabins for our wedding cruise in June and used the discount for our cabin and got the cocktail party as a group get together on our last sea day, but we had some other options as well. Also note that if you fall shy of the 8 cabins in your group booking you won't get the room discount but should still be able to get some of the other perks. There was a time when we thought we'd only have 7 cabins, and we could have gotten some OBC with that.

The cocktail party sounds like fun. The first day might be the only time we are all not really involved with a variety of appointments(spa), excursions, or other fun stuff yet. It might be the easiest time to schedule a get together. OBC is always useful too!:D

Archived