any different or unusual shore excursions in Grand Cayman?

caggfamily

We have been to Grand Cayman many times and have done stingray city, the beach, the turtle farm, and of course swum with the dolphins. We have two teenage girls and are looking for something different this time. any ideas?

I don't know how it will be, but we are going on the amphibious bus in November. The website is www.marinelandtours.com . We saw this bus, yes, BUS bopping across the bay when we were there in January. Apparently, they take you on a sigtseeing ride around Georgetown and then the 'splash' the bus and cruise around the bay. They have cameras mounted under the bus and flat panel screens for viewing the fishies inside. According to my readings in Trip Advisor, they stop to feed fish (for a bigger fish gathering underwater). At that time, if you have your own gear, you can get out and snorkel, too. Sounds like a 'hoot' to my friend and me so we're going to give it a go. We booked this one through the ship. Remember that Grand Cayman is a tender port when you are scheduling unless you go through your ship.

Do the girls skateboard? There's a world class skate park. http://www.blackpearl.ky/

Or, there's a couple of companies that do horseback rides along the beach.

You could also rent a car and explore the other end of the island, depending on your teens' interests. There's the Pedro St James historical site, botanical gardens, blowholes, Rum Point, general sightseeing, etc. in the other direction from the port as the turtle farm and hell.

Archived