Qm2 to southampton - left luggage

jimpod

Doing TA from New York to Southampton November - December this year. Had already booked flights to Glasgow and have just been notified that the flight has been put back by almost 2 hours. This means we won't now be flying home till 16.45. Any suggestions on what to do with our luggage while we wait. I'm assuming we'll be off the ship by 10.00am at the latest so will have a long time to wait for the flight. I've looked on these boards and on the internet but cannot find any 'left luggage' facilities in Southampton apart from the airport itself but had hoped to only go there for the actual flight.

You could enquire at the De Vere hotel, at one time they promoted an "after cruise" package which may fit your requirements, I haven't used this service but remember seeing a flyer about it a year or so ago.

Alternatively if Southampton Airport can store your luggage you can get back to the city by bus route U1A / U1C or by train, cheaper than several taxi fares which is around £20+ per trip.

M-AR

Thanks for that - wasn't sure how far away the airport is but if there's a bus that may make it more managable to spend the day in the city. Have never been able to spend much time there in the past - may be the ideal opportunity to see it.

Archived