Cabin 8001 Help

2poolesrus

We are booking Oceania Marina and I am all over the map on cabin choices. If we could afford the splurge we would look at PH3 aft cabins for sure but for now we are looking at B categories. I am wondering if anyone has stayed in cabin 8001 right at the front of the ship. Thanks for the help

002514.jpg

104702.jpg

Fantastic front of the ship views, although the veranda can be windy while the ship is sailing and you are more exposed to the working noises of the ship (lowering and raising the anchor and the vibration of the bow thrusters).

b_104804.jpg

You'll be sailing in a very rarefied area of the ship, but truth be told, it is a longish walk from the nearest elevator.

What else would you like to know? :D

We have also had other balcony locations. The rooms are all exactly the same, however the balcony for 8001 is very large with a fabulous view. If you enjoy being at sea, you will love the position at the front. Very quiet and peaceful on the deck with the exception of when the anchor chains were being raised and lowered, which was only a matter of minutes each time. Also the deck was totally private except for the first metre of the deck space. It was interesting to look back up and see the officers in the bridge.

Even though it got quite windy at times, we found that if you were sitting down or lying on a recliner, the solid balcony at the front shielded you from the wind (and this was going through the Bay of Biscay which is usually choppy). If you were doing a transatlantic, being at the front might curtail your enjoyment of the balcony.

The only downside to this room was a cupboard which housed some type of engine. This was located in the corridor right next to the stateroom door. The engine noise went on 24/7, and unfortunately some of the sound could be heard inside the stateroom, especially noticeable at night. This factor would lead me not to pick this room again, however we did have a great cruise.

I hope this information helps in your choice.:)

Archived