TS / (Hurricane?) Isaac

Scott34787

We are hunkered down and ready for this storm to get out of here.

Are you finding most people in the city are staying? I would have thought memories Katrina would have everyone running for the hills-or is there that much belief that the new levees will do their job?

I hope people have hope for those ready to be hit by Isaac, it's begun to flood and the brunt of the storm hasn't arrived yet:eek:

The brunt of the storm passed us, but not without the winds and rains, I'm grateful for us in my area. But, I certainly would not post about being worried if a cruise from there would be interrupted next week. There are more tragic things going on:mad:

We're suppose to sail out on the Conquest on Sunday out of New Orleans wondering if we'll get to go? Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

I, too, will be on the same cruise and i'm in the heart of the storm. I think everything will be over by then, but if you are driving, i'd make sure to add extra time because the traffic coming back into LA and the city will be bad.

I'm about 75% packed, but I still have a load of laundry to do and if the power goes out, I may be screwed!

Anyone else weathering the storm - be safe!

Take care!!!!

thank you Pia. We should be fine where I live which is inland. The rain stopped for right now and I even got a nice walk in.

Along the coastal and low-lying areas ( New Orleans) things might get ugly due to a storm surge of maybe 12 feet. That storm surge was the worst thing about Katrina, where most everything within 1/2 mile of the beach washed away and many drowned in flooding.

Winds made a horrific mess far inland...including here. Katrina was a category 5, and Isaac is a cat 1, so I'm optimistic.

I, too, will be on the same cruise and i'm in the heart of the storm. I think everything will be over by then, but if you are driving, i'd make sure to add extra time because the traffic coming back into LA and the city will be bad.

I'm about 75% packed, but I still have a load of laundry to do and if the power goes out, I may be screwed!

you be safe !

thank you Pia. We should be fine where I live which is inland. The rain stopped for right now and I even got a nice walk in.

Along the coastal and low-lying areas ( New Orleans) things might get ugly due to a storm surge of maybe 12 feet. That storm surge was the worst thing about Katrina, where most everything within 1/2 mile of the beach washed away and many drowned in flooding.

Winds made a horrific mess far inland...including here. Katrina was a category 5, and Isaac is a cat 1, so I'm optimistic.

Katrina was a Category 3 hurricane when it made landfall.

Are you finding most people in the city are staying? I would have thought memories Katrina would have everyone running for the hills-or is there that much belief that the new levees will do their job?

We got off the Conquest on Sunday. I rode Amtrak home and when boarding in New Orleans the attendant said they had last minute bookings because of the storm. Though he didn't say how many last minute bookings.

Thanks for replying we're driving down on Saturday that's our plans for now if you don't mind would you please keep me posted I would greatly appreicate it we're in Mo as my name says MO Gal.

We got off the Conquest on Sunday. I rode Amtrak home and when boarding in New Orleans the attendant said they had last minute bookings because of the storm. Though he didn't say how many last minute bookings.

Interesting. There just been much mentioned on the news about evacuations and it has me really surprised.

Thanks for replying we're driving down on Saturday that's our plans for now if you don't mind would you please keep me posted I would greatly appreicate it we're in Mo as my name says MO Gal.

Same here...also driving from Missouri to be on this cruise.

I do hope all are safe, that the storm weakens and ends without harm to life and property.

Those of us posting about our upcoming cruise, are NOT more concerned about our cruise than lives affected. We are simply trying to plan accordingly as best we can. I have friends in that area, and cruise insurance!

Same here...also driving from Missouri to be on this cruise.

I do hope all are safe, that the storm weakens and ends without harm to life and property.

Those of us posting about our upcoming cruise, are NOT more concerned about our cruise than lives affected. We are simply trying to plan accordingly as best we can. I have friends in that area, and cruise insurance!

I couldn't have said it better we also have cruise insurance. What part of Mo we're in the bootheel of mo.

Any updates from anybody in NOLA or from people there? Haven't heard from my friend since about noon.

If you have DIRECTV, they have continous coverage of the local stations in New Orleans. Channel 349.

Archived