Flying non-stop ATL to HNL on Delta

FSUJim

Will be flying non-stop from ATL to HNL several days before boarding NCL Wind on Aug 13. Will spend several days in Waikiki/Honolulu sight-seeing and getting adjusted to time difference.

Has anyone flown the ATL to HNL route? Will be leaving shortly after noon EDT, and while a meal is listed, was wondering if the meal is early on or later in the nine plus hour trip.

We fly on June 8. It's my understanding that there are 2 meals and 2 movies. They quit charging for food, but they took the pillows away. I think it will be the trip back that will be the killer!

We just got back from Honolulu last Friday. We also flew on Delta from Atlanta. The meal is served about two hours into the trip from Atlanta. Though it was not a very big meal I must say it was actually surprisingly quite tasty. We were a little confused because my husbands and my meal were different. Both were chicken breast, but his was with some sort of barbeque sauce and mine was with a brown gravy and potatoes and veg.

Enjoy your stay! We sure did and can't wait to go back!

Thanks for the infomation.

We fly out this Thursday on Delta first from Sarasota to Atlanta then on to Hawaii!

Did I read they have at least 2 movies on the way over?

Back in January we flew Delta non-stop from Cincy to HNL and we had 2 meals and 3 movies. A sandwich and chips about an hour after takeoff...then back to back movies followed by a dinner and then a third movie. The flight over was about 9 1/2 hours but the return was only 8 hours. We hit a high speed of 682 M.P.H. on the way back riding with the jet stream! You can go to their website and find out what movies will be showing. I actually preferred it better when the movies were off because then they displayed all the flight info on the monitors.

Wow Thanks for the information. We are doing that flight too. It sounds like some got one meal some got two ...different flights?...what time did you all leave. How big was the plane and did they let you get up and walk around? How hard it is to stay in a seat that long? I have a bad back and have to move around. I have my own pillow..you can buy the small ones in most stores and just carry it on in your carryon bag.

Also what time did you arrive and could you stay up and then try to go to sleep on Hawaii time? Lots of questions...thanks for any answers:D

We were in HNL in January, and we had flown from Phoenix (non-stop). We met friends who were flying from Atlanta to HNL and for them it was a killer flight. Long (and it is always longer going over than coming back) because of very bad weather moving into California. She told me they had one meal, and one snack, and there were several movies! They were able to adjust fairly easily to HNL time from Eastern time zone, but she never really recovered from the flight over and it really took some "zing" out of the trip for them. We will be taking the HAL cruise in November, simply because we are tired of doing the flight over, and wanted to try something different. We have flown and stayed at a hotel 4 previous times!

At any rate, you are allowing yourself time to rest up from the flight, and should really enjoy yourself. Have fun!

A bit of good news for you travelers....it is usually an amazingly smooth flight over the Pacific to Hawaii (at least it is in summer when we have always gone!). Our last two flights to Ft. Lauderdale have been really turbulent to where we are Hawaii bound for the next few trips for recovery (just kidding!). So for you in Atlanta, it's almost the same distance to go to Paris as Hawaii?! Wow, now you know how we feel going trans-Atlantic and we too feel for you!!!

We're headed to Hawaii in October from Atlanta and actually intentionally selected a flight with a layover. I tend to get a bit claustrophobic and would just hate to sit on a plane for that long without seeing the light of day!

Also, it was about $300 per person cheaper, and only puts us in Honolulu about 1-1/2 hours later than the direct flight. Call me crazy....

Archived