Public Transport to Green Gables Charlottetown

Hi

Does anyone know if its easy to get to Green Gables by bus or should I go on the ships tour

No bus, Green Gables is not in Charlottetown itself but along the north shore of PEI, about 30 miles north west. Rent a car or book a taxi and send the day up in the dunes of the north shore of PEI. Easy drive if you are comfortable. Well worth the trip, but Green Gables itself is small and will be crowded with a whole bus or two of tourists. You could time yourselves in between buses if you have your own wheels.

Molly

• 5 months later...

Hi Cruiser visiting Charlottetown Prince Edward Island,

Maybe it is too late to be of help but...:)

There is no public transport system to take you to Cavendish. You have several other options:

1. car rental - reserve well ahead

2. Ship's shore excursion - usually packed and rushed; coaches not always of first quality

3. Taxi - if I want to know what goes on in my city between midnight and dawn, I would take a taxi.

4. For a professional tour guide there is an association of independent tour operators dockside that meet every ship upon arrival. The quality varies and it is a bit of a challenge to select the better professionals from the group. This option is your best bet.:)

Best,

Myot

Kind of late responding I guess but maybe this will be helpful to someone! PEI was an easy car rental. I called Enterprise as soon as we were heading off the ship and they were there to meet me at the dock. It was a quick trip up the hill, rented the car and we were off. Loved the drive. Not too many tour buses (I think we arrived as one was about halfway though the tour) and then we made sure to stop by Cavendish beach on the way out.

Kind of late responding I guess but maybe this will be helpful to someone! PEI was an easy car rental. I called Enterprise as soon as we were heading off the ship and they were there to meet me at the dock. It was a quick trip up the hill, rented the car and we were off. Loved the drive. Not too many tour buses (I think we arrived as one was about halfway though the tour) and then we made sure to stop by Cavendish beach on the way out.

Do you remember the address for Enterprise? When doing research on the boards I found Enterprise at 83 Euston St, but when I called they gave me an address of 384 University Ave. Not that it is a big deal but 83 Euston is walkable but 384 University Ave. is a little further and would require a pick up.

Just trying to plan ahead not sure if I should use my cell phone or get a calling card.

I just talked to them. They have recently moved to 384A University Avenue, Charlottetown (902) 894-5004. This is more space for them but really too far to walk from the ship.

Archived