How much free time while on private tour

T.O.cruisers

I have booked the Highlights tour of Rome with RomeInLimo. We are a group of 8. We will be in Rome on Wednesday and we were told to buy Vatican tickets for 2pm. Can anyone tell me the approximate timetable of visiting the Coliseum and how long the stop would be for those who are entering and also how long the guided tour of Vatican City takes. I'd also like to know how much free time there is for just walking the streets and doing some shopping?

The tour with RIL is very busy - you have enough time to go through the Coliseum (we felt that the time alloted was plenty), and through the Vatican (we did not take a guided tour). Everything depends on the day you are there, the time of year, etc. There is really no time on your own to walk around and shop - we bought a few things at the different venues. We have toured with RIL twice and each time was a little different, but they are a great outfit and you will enjoy your day as long as you understand that they are on somewhat of a schedule to see everthing and to get you back to the ship on time. Oh, we did have time for some great Gelato at a place recommended by our driver - it was cheap and delicious! When you get your gelato ask for the creme with nuts, the clerk will give a big smile because you have ordered like a "native" Have a wonderful trip.

The tour with RIL is very busy - you have enough time to go through the Coliseum (we felt that the time alloted was plenty), and through the Vatican (we did not take a guided tour). Everything depends on the day you are there, the time of year, etc. There is really no time on your own to walk around and shop - we bought a few things at the different venues. We have toured with RIL twice and each time was a little different, but they are a great outfit and you will enjoy your day as long as you understand that they are on somewhat of a schedule to see everthing and to get you back to the ship on time. Oh, we did have time for some great Gelato at a place recommended by our driver - it was cheap and delicious! When you get your gelato ask for the creme with nuts, the clerk will give a big smile because you have ordered like a "native" Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for the info. Half of our group will be going on a guided tour while the rest of us have bought tickets to enter and walk around on our own. So I guess if we want to do our own thing for a while we would have to do it while the others are on the Vatican tour.

Thanks for the info. Half of our group have a guided tour of the Vatican and the rest have entrance tickets but no tour. I guess our free time can be during this time while we wait for the others. I'm told the tour is about 3 hours.

Archived