Any Cruisers Stay At

dealin dave

Hi any one recently stay at Marriott Marina,La Quinta FLL Airport, or Amerisuites. Would like to know if hotels are maintained and shuttle service is adequate. If the breakfast included is worth it or should we try Dennys? Last if possible swimming pool nice ? Thanks!

We stayed at the Amrisuites on 17th St. in May, 2003 precruise. Found it to be excellent for a one night stay. Enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast which included boiled eggs and waffles, among other things. We got a taxi to the ship. We chose the Amerisuites because we wanted to leave our car. We did and it was free.

Hi any one recently stay at Marriott Marina,La Quinta FLL Airport, or Amerisuites. Would like to know if hotels are maintained and shuttle service is adequate. If the breakfast included is worth it or should we try Dennys? Last if possible swimming pool nice ? Thanks!

I think it will depend on your expectation and personal preference. :) You will find very differing opinions about hotels on this board.

I know many people love the AmeriSuites - but, I think I would rather stay just about anyplace else... granted we did stay there pre-cruise during a Holiday cruise (everything else was booked), but the lack of service in that establishment was ridiculous.

I would equate it more as a "motel" rather than a "hotel", no bellperson, small elevator (we had to make several trips to get the luggage up and down) and student working the front desk when we arrived who was absolutely clueless, and passengers fighting over the free shuttle the next morning. No thanks.

Hi Dave;

Stayed at the Amerisuites for one night last year before a cruise and had no complaints. If I remember correctly, breakfast was included. It's not the Embassy Suites but it wasn't bad either. They have a shuttle van that will take you to Port Everglades (5 minutes away) . There is a Denny's within walking distance down the street (heading west). Didn't go skinny dipping in the pool because they didn't allow speedo's (just kiding) :D

See ya

Hi Dave,

We stayed at the Marriott Marina in January before a Princess cruise. Just stayed one night and found it to be very nice. Had to pay for breakfast though. The pool looked nice but we didn't use it. The Marriott is in a nice location with yachts all around, which made for interesting "sight-seeing." They have a very efficient shuttle to the cruise ship docks, as I recall at no extra charge except for a tip to the driver. They also let us stay past check-out time since our shuttle was for 1:30 (as I recall). Hope this helps. -G.

We stayed at the Amerisuites a few weeks ago since it offered free parking for the week. It was clean and comfortable, but not fancy. The extended continental breakfast was pretty good and included make your own Belgian waffles. Unlike one of the previous posters, the level of amenities was what we expected and we found the front desk staff helpful. There is a Mexican restaurant and an Outback Steakhouse next door to the hotel so you do not really need a car. There is a Publix nearby in a new strip Mall in case you have forgotten something.

Since my husband is disabled and can not get into a shuttle, the hotel had agreed to pay for a handicap taxi. While we were waiting for the handicap taxi (which never showed), their shuttle made at least 4 trips to Port Everglades, taking guests to one ship at a time. Finally we gave up and they called a regular cab while my sister took our luggage and my husband's manual wheelchair to the pier. The shuttle driver went out of his way to assist her with the luggage both at the hotel and the pier.

We had to pay for the taxi back to the hotel since we were not staying there after the cruise, but it was only about $10.

We stayed at the Marriott Marina in January before a Celebrity cruise, and it was a fine place to stay. Well located, and walking around the marina was nice. It would be my choice among those listed. The Renaissance is also nice.

Amerisuites was "OK" for a couple of pre-cruiise nights but I doubt we'd stay there again.

The Front Desk did not have a sign-up sheet for shuttle reservations like some hotels do. Thus, even if you're first in line, the rude, aggresive pushers and shovers grab the first vans.

That envrionment turned us off and we took a taxi to the Zuiderdam.

PS: I read that Hilton is taking over Amerisuites - perhaps there will be some changes - and perhaps they'll be for the better.

We also stayed at Amerisuites. While I think the value was good, I would not choose that hotel again. I really like a little nicer hotel, and as a previous poster described, it seemed a little motel-ish. It was clean, breakfast was edible, but not really my idea of where I want to stay and eat before I take a nice cruise. If you do choose Amerisuites and get the awesome internet deal, make sure that is what they charge you for, because we had to have them cancel and re-charge our credit card because they over-charged us. See this website for the good rates: www.valuetrips.com/

i stayed at the amerisuites a few years ago prior to a cruise and it was fine for me - the amenities are sparse, but so was the price paid (at the time it ws about $65 for the night). since i'm there only to assure i don't miss the cruise, as long as it has a comfortable bed that's all i'm really looking for... having all kinds of help with bags, a seven-course breakfast, or whatever isn't worth paying extra-for. the "luxury" (at least for me) commences when i come aboard for the cruise; everything leading-up to that is just part of the transportation process.

different strokes, as they say...

Archived