Looking for where to stay in NOLA

Tmaxx1

My family will be leaving on a western caribbean cruise from new Orleans on November 25th. We were wanting to arrive a few days earler and sightsee. I have a 13 and 9 year old. Also my wifes parents will be joining us. We will be driving down a rental car from Indiana.

One thought I had was to turn in the rental car when I got to new Orleans and just walk to wherever we need to go. Not sure how this would work though. I am not a fan of driving in large cities. So it would be best to be near places we want to see like the garden district. Any suggestions on a hotel that would work well,for us?

One more question, should I expect the hotel prices near the port to be really high since it is during Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks

The weekend of November 25th is the Bayou Classic and most hotels are requiring a minimum stay and rates are up. I would start trying to find something now. We are staying across the river in Gretna that weekend due to the festival.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived