Uniworld-Dining Menu

twoboys

We are planning to go on the Douro River cruise next summer. We have never been on a river cruise, but have been on several other cruises. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find a sample of a dining menu for Uniworld. I realize its different by cruise as they source local foods. But I am just trying to get an idea of selection, variety etc.

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

Just come across this while researching Uniworld Douro cruises. Is the food on the Douro cruise the same quality as Uniworld cruises in Europe. e.g 5 course dinners (Starter, soup, main, cheese course and dessert). I noticed that they do not have a Welcome Captains dinner and cocktails, or a Captains Farewell dinner. There is a Captains dinner on the fourth day of the cruise only. Do they have afternoon tea as on other Uniworld cruises. As this is a leased boat with staff supplied by the boat owners, I hope meals etc are of the same quality as on Uniworld owned ships.

We took the Uniworld Douro cruise in Sept. We've sailed with Uniworld on the Rhine/Moselle too. You know, I never even noticed the lack of afternoon tea on the Douro...the afternoon teas on the Rhine were lovely.

Food on both cruises was very good. We enjoyed a barbecue on the top teck on the Douro cruise, something we didn't have in Germany. I could not tell a lot of difference even though the ship was leased...on the leased ship wine is not served at lunch.

Archived