Carnival Legend 5159 Obstructed Balcony Room

If you go to Cruiselinerooms dot com and look at the Pride (sister ship to Legend), look at cabin 5161 (next door to yours) and you will see the obstruction. You are next to one of the 1st 3 lifeboats, and those are taller than the ones behind it, so the obstruction is greater. If you want to try to get a cabin higher than 5170, you will have less obstruction...the life boats come up a little higher than the balcony floor.

Your cabin is about midway between the forward elevator and midship elevator. I don't think there is any steward closet there. There are no ice machines...you need to ask your steward for ice.

You can view the deckplans at Carnival.com. Go to Explore the Ships...pick your ship...choose view deckplans.

Legend is a great ship! Enjoy!

I agree that I would move if in the cabins within the first three lifeboats

see the first lifeboat how much higher it sits from the other ones

168091617BLOFsB_th.jpg

Its between lifeboats. thats a good thing.

Lifeboats come to your railing

your view out may be hampered by that white part. You can not look down into the waters.

notice how narrow the balcony is:

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

387234659CUZkje_th.jpg

you can click on a photo to make it bigger

387235121dzyGPY_th.jpg

there are no public ice rooms on the ship. I would look to change your cabin- unless you got this cabin via guarantee booking

Thanks for the replies - I believe all 7A category rooms on my booking are sold out so I don't think I can switch. I'll make do.

I have sailed on the Legend before but in an oceanview room. My point about the ice machines was I thought they would be noisy. I know I have to ask steward for ice.

I believe my cabin is in between two lifeboats so I'll get a little space there vs. being directly in the middle of the lifeboat.

I believe my cabin is in between two lifeboats so I'll get a little space there vs. being directly in the middle of the lifeboat.

Actually it is between 2 tenders. Lifeboats are the lower ones. But, unfortunately most of your view will be taken up by the higher end.

This picture shows the 1st and 2nd tender and he cabin in the middle of the tenders is #5151, but the first 3 tenders are all the same. I believe if you stand, you can still be able to see, but if you are sitting, all you will see is the white portion of the tender.

7Atenders.jpg

This picture shows a 7A cabin (I think #5155) with the obstruction.

7acabin.jpg

Unfortunately 5243 is a "quad" room and there are only two of us so they won't switch it over. There are no other 7A's they say.

Final payment is done and over- its close to sailing. if the cabin is available they should let you move.

can they move you into the guarantee balcony category?

Archived