Dolphin Swim

jwmimi

If you're talking about the Royal Dolphin swim in Cozumel, here's what the Web site says (http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Ddswim?From=Dolphin):

"Children under 8 years old OR less than 4 ft. 5 inches tall are not accepted in the swim program, children 8-11 years old AND more than 4 ft. 5 inches tall may participate if accompanied by a participating adult. Limit of 8 persons per platform."

If it's something else - can't help you!

We are also doing the dolphin swim in Chankanaab. My dd's are 11 and 3. My 11 year old can do the swim but she has to be with a paying adult (my dh). My 3 yr old and myself are doing the encounter. Go to dolphindiscovery.com for all the information.

Kath

We are taking our 10 year old granddaughter and wondered if she can do this without our swimming with her??

How good a swimmer is your granddaughter? The dolphin swim does require you to be able to swim out into the pool area a little bit, to tread water and to be able to follow the dolphin trainer's instructions. There are several tricks the dolphin will do with you including a "toe push" and "dorsal tow". During the toe push the dolphin will push you through the water and lift you up out of it a bit. During the dorsal tow you are pulled through the water while holding on to the dorsal fins of two dolphin. My two dolphin never quite

performed this stunt correctly and I wound up having to do it several times, getting a face full of salt water over and over.

At 10 years old I know my daughter would be able to handle the swim with

no problem. I also know her swimming ability and feel confident in what she

could do. Nonetheless, I do believe a 10 year old must be accompanied by

an adult.

I would have to agree with the last poster, it all depends on your granddaughters swimming ability. I just did a dolphin swim in Tortola and my 12 year old son had no problems, then again he is a waterbug :D

Archived