Tell me about the Gem please

sandi1967

We were on the Gem back in May. It was one of the best cruises we have ever taken. We loved it so much we booked the 9 day in April in the same room. The mini suites are perfect for us. The entire staff is great and the entertainment when we went was good. I have heard that some of it has changed and we hope to see the new shows.

If you go back to May and read my review it will give you a pretty good idea of the ship. They also have a great spa. Get a massage!

Are you going on the 7 day to Florida and Bahamas? If so, go to NASA and get the in depth tour. Great Stirrup Cay is one of the best beaches we have seen and they are constantly updating it. Nassau is good, Atlantis is a must if it is your first time there.

We loved Le Bistro and ate there on our anniversary where we were treated royally. If you are celebrating anything it helps to let the staff know. The ship isn't to big so embarkation and self debarkation went great. We prefer to get off on our own.

Hope this helps somewhat. 9 months will fly by. So sit back and start planning excursions.

We're going on the Gem in 9 months also (May 25). Also our first time with NCL.

I was wondering if the ship is starting to show her age; she will be about 6 when we sail.

She looks great now!!!!!

Dh and I loved them Gem. We cruised with 1 other couple. That was our first ncl cruise. Never had a wait for dinner; best entertainment of all the other lines we have cruised; always found lounges by the pool. Hopefully Jersey Bpys and Shark Bait will be on board, you will hopefully enjoy their shows. The CC meet and great was outstanding: captain, cd, and mangers of most of the depts. Have fun

Archived