Early Saver Question

azbaby8062

Ok, here is my scenario. I am looking to book an 8 day cruise out of NY in June 2013. I would like to book an Early Saver, now. However, at the moment, we are not sure if my step-daughter will be allowed to come (long story). So I would like to book for the three of us on the Early Saver now and then if needed, add her to the reservation. I am not sure if that is allowed. Does anyone know? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, here is my scenario. I am looking to book an 8 day cruise out of NY in June 2013. I would like to book an Early Saver, now. However, at the moment, we are not sure if my step-daughter will be allowed to come (long story). So I would like to book for the three of us on the Early Saver now and then if needed, add her to the reservation. I am not sure if that is allowed. Does anyone know? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

You can add someone to the reservation on ES--keep in mind that they'll probably book the 3 of you in a triple cabin, so adding a 4th passenger means they'll have to change your room (to a quad).

Keep in mind also that ES deposits are non-refundable and that any changes to ship and/or saildate generates a $50pp fee.

We had 3 and #3 was uncertain.

We booked #1 and #2 as ES and booked #3 as past guest, so he could cancel with no penalty up until final payment. Rate for pax #3 is always discounted and little or no variance. So, at most we risked missing what .. maybe a $20 price drop.. little risk this way.

You might not be allowed to book a quad, just depends on how the cruise is booking up, if you only book 3 people. In which case you would have to move to add her later and might not be any quads left in your category, so it would change all pax's $$

I had a similar situation when booking my next cruise...

I booked ES by myself to lock in the rate. It was questionable whether or not my cruising pals would be able to come with be. They [Carnival] put me in a room that was only for 2 ppl b/c they said I was not allowed to book a room for 3 ppl when I was the only one booking at that time.

So, when they finally booked months later, I kept all of my price drops and my ES rate and THEN Carnival moved me into a cabin for 3. They will not penalize you for doing so - they will just adjust your rate accordingly. Like Firefly said, the 3rd person gets a slightly discounted rate so when you divide by 3 it makes the rate slightly cheaper p.p. than if you were to book with just 2 ppl.

The only thing you really need to worry about is whether or not a 4 person cabin will be available for you to transfer into.

Hope this helps :)

We had 3 and #3 was uncertain.

We booked #1 and #2 as ES and booked #3 as past guest, so he could cancel with no penalty up until final payment. Rate for pax #3 is always discounted and little or no variance. So, at most we risked missing what .. maybe a $20 price drop.. little risk this way.

You might not be allowed to book a quad, just depends on how the cruise is booking up, if you only book 3 people. In which case you would have to move to add her later and might not be any quads left in your category, so it would change all pax's $$

This is good info. I didn't know you could book a 3rd passenger under a different fare code.

Question: Was passenger 3 booked at the same time as #1 and #2, or was #3 added to the booking at a later date?

Archived