Has anyone done Fantasy Island?

Magum

Hello, We were considering doing Little French Key for our excursion, but concerned there was not enough beach, things to do or food. Considering Fantasy Island, has anyone been there???:rolleyes:

Yes we were on HA and took a snorkelling excursion to Fantasy Island. To get an idea what it is like I would go to tripadvisor under Roatan and look up Fantasy Island Hotel. If you are planning to just lay on the beach it is small but pleasant. However all that is on the island is the hotel and it is probably a 2 star which means it doesn't have a lot of anything. There is a bar in the lobby but we had to change in the bathrooms off the lobby which were kind of dirty (kind of an understatement). I didn't see anywhere you could get food. I suggest you go to the West End which is really a throw back to the old surfer days and quite interesting or do WestBay Beach where you have all kinds of things to do and see and eat.

Fantasy Island is an all inclusive dive resort.

The only place to eat would be their restaurant.

What is it you seek an excursion?

Little French Key is food, good good from what I hear. There are water toys, kayaks, ski does to play with, they will take you on a helicopter ride if ya wanna pay them, they will take you out to the reef to snorkel. I don't understand how you could say there was nothing to do.

Have a look at their web site.

Yes we were on HA and took a snorkelling excursion to Fantasy Island. To get an idea what it is like I would go to tripadvisor under Roatan and look up Fantasy Island Hotel. If you are planning to just lay on the beach it is small but pleasant. However all that is on the island is the hotel and it is probably a 2 star which means it doesn't have a lot of anything. There is a bar in the lobby but we had to change in the bathrooms off the lobby which were kind of dirty (kind of an understatement). I didn't see anywhere you could get food. I suggest you go to the West End which is really a throw back to the old surfer days and quite interesting or do WestBay Beach where you have all kinds of things to do and see and eat.

Hi In Dreams! We were trying to avoid the crowds at West Bay Beach so we were looking for a resort area to go to. We have heard the beach area on cruise days are very crowded. I am making the decision for a group of 10 (7 adults and 3 children), so the pressure is on to pick a nice fun place for our group that isn't crawling with people!

Fantasy Island is an all inclusive dive resort.

The only place to eat would be their restaurant.

What is it you seek an excursion?

Little French Key is food, good good from what I hear. There are water toys, kayaks, ski does to play with, they will take you on a helicopter ride if ya wanna pay them, they will take you out to the reef to snorkel. I don't understand how you could say there was nothing to do.

Have a look at their web site.

Little French Key looked like their beach area was very small. I guess we were looking for a little more activity, but just didn't want all the crowds and they don't have a restaurant only a lunch they provide in the package. Although I heard it was very good, we wanted to have a few more options. I am making the decision for a group of 10 (7 adults and 3 children), so the pressure is on to pick a nice fun place for our group that isn't crawling with people!

I think there are three different bits of beach at french Key. I understand wanting more but as far as activities French Key is comparable to West Bay.

West Bay being the only place I know where you have many food options, a big beach and plenty of vendors offering all manner of water activities.

There is a beach in West End, plenty of food options about but I don't think there are water activities past snorkeling..I have a vague memory of seeing a para sail boat one time and there is a glass bottom, both of these can be found in West Bay as will.

I think your going to have to make a choice... activities or quiet. I don't think there are both on the island.

Ya know, Foster's is often said to be at the quiet end of West Bay... you might could feel like you had the best of both worlds. They also have a two level pier kids love to jump off of. Mind you the easy access reef snorkeling is at the other end of West Bay.

Archived