Question about Weight Limit on Upper Berths

Will be traveling on the Explorer of the Seas next summer for a big family cruise. 2 of my nephews are very muscular and well-built from weightlifting. The last time we all cruised together (5 years ago) this was not the case. I noticed on my cruise this past summer that the upper berths on the Disney Magic had a weight limit for the upper berth (it was somewhere over 200 pounds, but can't remember the exact number). I had never thought about there possibly being a weight limit on these bunks and really never had an issue with it in the past, but with the cruise I am going on with the entire family next summer, I am now wondering if my nephews will need to make sure they are on the bottom beds. The bigger of the two is 280 pounds. Can anyone tell me if there are restrictions on the upper berths on the RCCL ships? We are trying to figure out the room arrangements with 4 people to each room.

I dont know the answer to your question, but I've found that in July, the 3rd/4th person rate really isn't that much of a bargain. In some cases, it was actually cheaper to put the kids into their own inside cabin across the hall from ours, and then downgrade our cabin from a D1 quad to a D3 or E category double. Then, we got two bathrooms, and everyone had a real bed. Have you priced it out that way?

Thanks Loyal2RCCL for answering my question. I figured someone would probably know the exact weight allowance.

Thanks Donna, we priced it out with our travel agent and it is a lot cheaper for us to do four to a cabin than to do extra rooms.

Archived