On impulse we booked--

Narita

Silver Cloud (--fresh off refurbishing in Palermo--) from Las Palmas to Barbados. We travel from Barcelona the day before when we get off 21 days on the Spirit. Any thoughts on a one night stay hotel there in Las Palmos? maybe by the port ? We dont expect to be out sight seeing as we did a good job last year on the repositioning on the Spirit--but convenient and quiet would be nice. any suggestions?

Hi Narita,

Welcome aboard... my DW Barb & I will be joining you for this crossing.

As we are flying overnight from Texas SS is requiring a hotel stay in Las Palmas prior to embarcation. They have us in the Santa Catalina Hotel which we have visited for lunch on a previous excursion on the island... very nice grounds, food, and location but have not seen the rooms. Perhaps you could easily get a SS transfer from hotel to the pier but I'd try to book the room outside of SS who badly mark up the cost with per person rates.

Here is a link to the hotel web site:http://www.hotelsantacatalina.com/en/

I have not found a roll call for this crossing so maybe we can start one with just us.

All the best, and let us know what you decide.

/Steve

Wrapping up holiday week end and then can begin to look forward to preparing to sail. We leave home on the 5th of October--this will be our longest cruise yet and We wonder if we will be burnt out socially and spend the TA in our room??? who knows...?

Hi Narita,

Welcome aboard... my DW Barb & I will be joining you for this crossing.

As we are flying overnight from Texas SS is requiring a hotel stay in Las Palmas prior to embarcation. They have us in the Santa Catalina Hotel which we have visited for lunch on a previous excursion on the island... very nice grounds, food, and location but have not seen the rooms. Perhaps you could easily get a SS transfer from hotel to the pier but I'd try to book the room outside of SS who badly mark up the cost with per person rates.

Here is a link to the hotel web site:http://www.hotelsantacatalina.com/en/

I have not found a roll call for this crossing so maybe we can start one with just us.

All the best, and let us know what you decide.

/Steve

Hi Steve,

I started a Roll Call for this cruise, but nobody replied!

Regards,

Seismiccruiser.......:confused:

Hi Guys,

We looked for a roll call but did not do a search (no way to know what might be in the title of your post)... it's what's wrong with the Silversea boards... but oh well... we've found each other now and may find a few more before we embark.

Might want to change the name of this thread or keep bumping it to the top for visibility.

Let us know your timing & plans and maybe you'll find us at the hotel before we board...

Won't be long now and we really want to see that 'New Cloud' with walk in showers and all freshened up!

Hi Guys,

We looked for a roll call but did not do a search (no way to know what might be in the title of your post)... it's what's wrong with the Silversea boards... but oh well... we've found each other now and may find a few more before we embark.

Might want to change the name of this thread or keep bumping it to the top for visibility.

Let us know your timing & plans and maybe you'll find us at the hotel before we board...

Won't be long now and we really want to see that 'New Cloud' with walk in showers and all freshened up!

Hi,

I posted on Roll Calls/All Other Cruise Lines/Silversea Transatlantic.

Hope you can find it now.

Seismiccruiser.....;)

So...

Mike & Dorothy (Seismiccruiser)

Narita & DH (Narita)

Steve & Barb (bsrkent)

Let's make this thread the 'official' roll call for this upcoming Trans Atlantic cruise!

The six of us will make a good start and I think the four of you will have the middle east to discuss; all of us have cruised quite a bit; and I suspect we'd all enjoy trivia together.

Answering Narita's earlier question re occupancy...

I've been in touch with SS and it appears, at this time, we'll be a little better than half full, that the dry dock is on schedule (may be covered by some video on their web site) and that most all baths will be converted to walk in showers. Thankfully ours will be as we are in a vista and only 4 vista suites will retain the tub.

Looking forward to the best part of cruising... meeting new shipmates... I'll buy the first round on board!! So love all inclusive.

PS for Narita... did you decide on a hotel? and I realize how hectic (but fun) it will be connecting into this on so if you need communication (internet) help while on the fly in the Med we can email off line...

Hi, we are booked into Santa Catalina but have booked 3 nights there for the same cost as SS were charging for 1! As not having been there before I cannot comment on it but it looks nice (steeped in history which my husband & like) im told it is around 5 mins from the port via car.

Hi Steve and Barb

Won't be with you this year but hope you have a great crossing. I will be interested in your views on the refurb'd ship in due course as I have booked the Cloud crossing (Barcelona to Barbados) in October 2013! Happy sailing.

Hi Steve and Barb

Won't be with you this year but hope you have a great crossing. I will be interested in your views on the refurb'd ship in due course as I have booked the Cloud crossing (Barcelona to Barbados) in October 2013! Happy sailing.

Hi PhillipB...

Great to hear from you and your good wishes... sounds like you have fully recovered and are enjoying many a new cruise adventure.

We'll surely fill y'all in on the Cloud dry dock, but as this is our first Cloud experience we can't make any comparisons. We understand that the crew is the best and that won't change!

On to '13 seems like many of the old gang will be with us on both the spring and fall Spirit crossings... but you'll be missed.

We wish you fair winds and following seas on all your sailings... and all our best to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, count us in for this cruise. We're also staying at the Santa Catalina for three nights prior to sailing along with Maty8 (whom I believe we did the TA with last year).

This is our third TA on the Silver Cloud having done the last two November crossings, and our fourth SS cruise in total. We're bringing some friends this year who are SS virgins, but who are Cunarders (I need to show them the way).

Looking forward to seeing the ship fresh out of refit - I hear it's going to be all red inside instead of blue - I do hope our cabin is one of those where the bathtub us being removed.

From what I can gather from other threads, the HD will be Gianni Dotti, who is every so slightly mental (in a nice way), but not sure who CD will be. Judi left the ship at the end of August and David got on (don't know him) but then you wouldn't imagine the CD staying with the ship on a three week dry dock, so who knows!

Realy looking forward to it, totally ready for the break and already jealous of those who are cruising the Spirit for 21 days immediately before this.

Hey, count us in for this cruise. We're also staying at the Santa Catalina for three nights prior to sailing along with Maty8 (whom I believe we did the TA with last year).

This is our third TA on the Silver Cloud having done the last two November crossings, and our fourth SS cruise in total. We're bringing some friends this year who are SS virgins, but who are Cunarders (I need to show them the way).

Looking forward to seeing the ship fresh out of refit - I hear it's going to be all red inside instead of blue - I do hope our cabin is one of those where the bathtub us being removed.

From what I can gather from other threads, the HD will be Gianni Dotti, who is every so slightly mental (in a nice way), but not sure who CD will be. Judi left the ship at the end of August and David got on (don't know him) but then you wouldn't imagine the CD staying with the ship on a three week dry dock, so who knows!

Realy looking forward to it, totally ready for the break and already jealous of those who are cruising the Spirit for 21 days immediately before this.

Hi jetsetjac, I know you've worked out who i am but i can't work out who you are as my brains not working right now, guess i shall have to ask P&T, i know we are meeting up again as we are in the same party, at least I managed to work that one out! Saw the Cloud last week in Venice, I have to say I prefer her than the Spirit which we were on, shes smaller and more personal. Still had a great time on Spirit very hectic doing the med looking forward to the TA as so relaxing, plus can't wait to compare refit and also meeting you AGAIN! As you've worked out who i am are we flying together as I know some of our party are on different flights ours is mega early, more time to spend in Gran Canaria! Have you put names on roll call yet? I must find the thread again, have a lot on my mind at the moment so organisation rubbish! See you 4 weeks tomorrow, we're staying near Heathrow as such early flight anyone else? I've been told they're not putting an observation lounge I like Spirit has but who knows its exciting waiting to see difference, tvs in mirrors are brill, believe they're putting in those great as also has 200 movies on demand for that real chill time!

A bit of an update for the roll call

Unknown (JetsetJac)

David & Deborah (Maty8)

Narita & DH (Narita)

Steve & Barb (bsrkent)

Let's make this thread the 'official' roll call for this upcoming Trans Atlantic cruise!

Others feel free to add / join in

A bit of an update for the roll call

Unknown (JetsetJac)

David & Deborah (Maty8)

Narita & DH (Narita)

Steve & Barb (bsrkent)

Others feel free to add / join in

Will you be arranging a meet at the bar? Best place in my opinion!!! If Jetsetjac is who I think then that's possibly another 6! Anyone else here staying at Santa Catalina? think meet would be nice on the ship but that's just me personally, if it is I'll get the first round in!!

Will you be arranging a meet at the bar? Best place in my opinion!!! If Jetsetjac is who I think then that's possibly another 6! Anyone else here staying at Santa Catalina? think meet would be nice on the ship but that's just me personally, if it is I'll get the first round in!!

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic and avoid identifying ourselves - it's us - Peter & Tracey

Not long now!

Silver Cloud TA 01 November

Latest update for our roll call

Peter & Tracy (JetsetJac)

David & Deborah (Maty8)

Narita & DH (Narita)

Steve & Barb (bsrkent)

I expect we'll find most of one another around the Santa Catalina Hotel before we ever board... I'm always easy to spot with my orange ball cap(s) so maybe I can draw a crowd...lol... Don't be shy just come say hello and maybe we'll point out each other.

But yes we should pick a good time to meet in the bar after we board to be sure to meet the whole group.

I'm open to suggestions for a place and time but was thinking around 5:00 in The Bar before we depart Las Palmas (again look for the guy in the orange hat) just for introductions then we can plan as we wish from there.

Won't be long now... but I do hope they'll have the A/C fixed by then!

Hi All,

We too are on the Clouds TA. We went through the Panama Canal on her last year and enjoyed it so much we had to go again. I have always wanted to do a TA so this will fit in fine. Looking forward to seeing the refurbishments but hope they dont distract from her elegant charm which is so appealing!

Looking forward to meeting you all in the bar, or sooner in the hotel where we are to be 'billeted' by SS.

Steve and Harriet

Silver Cloud TA 01 November

Latest update for our roll call

Steve & Harriet (molars)

Peter & Tracy (JetsetJac)

David & Deborah (Maty8)

Narita & DH (Narita)

Steve & Barb (bsrkent)

Welcome Molars to this roll call, and welcome aboard.

Looks like we have a group shaping up nicely, tho we have not heard from Narita in a while.

Just look for the orange hat, come say hello, and we'll try to then point out one another.

See you @ the Santa Catalina or @ the bar after boarding.

• 2 weeks later...

Is everybody ready?

Not long to go now!

I expect the bags are starting to be packed, and the last minute things being taken care of.

I am in a dockyard at the moment in Denmark and travelling home next week. Unpack one bag, and then pack another, and away we go!

Seismiccruiser.........:)

Archived