Flight Seat Configuration

MrsBB

Hi all,

Just about 4 and a bit months now til we get married on Ventura. Our flight has been listed as Thomas Cook and I was wondering what the seat configuration was?

Specifically I was wondering if there are any two seat only rows? And is it worth pre booking seats? If so when do they 'go live' on the cruise personaliser?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the replies and the flight guru trip, I have a layout of the plane now and see there's about 6 sets of seats each side towards the loos.

I can imagine its a high traffic area but would prefer to sit as a couple so will try to book those on the cruise personaliser.

The ability to choose your seats (payable) usually comes on line in your Cruise Personaliser exactly 12 weeks before the cruise. When I last booked some I looked on the site about 11.55pm the night before and they weren't there - at 12.05 there they were! They only release some seats at a time and of course they keep some for people who do not have the ability to go online and choose. So if you're keen to choose your seats and are willing to pay then try that.

:)

Hi Annie,

Thank you for that! Definitely worth a try I think. If I'm reading your post correctly then exactly three months to the day of departure check midnight the night before?

I shall have to set an alarm LOL

Hi,

We booked seats exactly at 12 weeks (just after midnight) and like you, wanted just to sit in a row with 2 seats. We booked the second row from the back, but when we boarded, we were on the third row from the back on the way out (and the second row we had booked on the way home). I guess they had had to change planes which had a different seat configuration.

Someone commented above that it is "noisier" at the back. I found the opposite of this - I found it relatively quiet. When there was a queue for the toilets at the back, I had some folks standing next to me in the aisle, but it wasn't a problem as it didn't last for long. I would certainly book seats towards the back again. I wouldn't book the very last row though, as some of these don't recline and its very near to the toilets.

I think its worth it to book seats in advance, even though it costs, as it takes the stress out of wondering where I will be sitting and gives me peace of mind.

Have a great cruise.

Homelesbear, thank you! That's really useful information. I expect to have people walking past on the way to the loos but am thankful it wasn't too noisy for you. I think you are 100% right and booking will take away the worry of where we are going to end up.

Annie, thank you! I shall be setting my alarm in that case :)

Homelesbear, thank you! That's really useful information. I expect to have people walking past on the way to the loos but am thankful it wasn't too noisy for you. I think you are 100% right and booking will take away the worry of where we are going to end up.

Annie, thank you! I shall be setting my alarm in that case :)

You are very welcome MrsBB. Glad my comments were useful for you. Have a great cruise and a pleasant stress free flight! Best wishes. :)

Archived