Some Suggestions for Polite Crusing

vacationman

I follow the 4 deck up and 6 deck down rule for stairs :) I substact one deck for every two Martinis :D

What a great idea!!!!!. We will see if I can stick to my own "rule". We are on the 11th deck.:eek:

Better yet shoreguy...bring your martini with you. Walk up 4 flights stop have a sip and a casual conversation with the other patrons waiting for the elevator and then continue your climb or descent to your cabin or the other bar;)

Drunk or not you will probably see the same people waiting for the elevator tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but I'll bring it up and/or reiterate it. If you are bringing small children or teens on your cruise, just make sure to supervise them. This is probably my biggest pet peeves. The number of times I see kids and teens running around a ship un-supervised. It seems many parents feel that since it's a ship, the kids can't go far. However, they can annoy others. Running in the halls, running/jumping up and down the stairs, jumping and splashing in the pools and worse yet, in the Hot Tubs where they really aren't even supposed to be in, etc. Hey, it's a familly vacation, spend time with the familly and keep your children within eye shot. Also, if you bring a small child or baby into a resturant and they start to fuss and/or cry. Take the child out. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I (who eat later for this very reason) would sit down in Imprssions or Le Bistro for a nice meal, just to listen to a child act up and/or cry.

It's been mentioned 100 times, move on grumpy

Interesting thread with some really good ideas.

I know others have mentioned this, but we always try to be polite to the crew. A smile and a "thank you" are so much appreciated.

Just our 2 cents.

This has been a great thread. Excellent idea! Thank you!

I haven't seen one of my top pet peeves addressed, unless it was buried in one of the tedious exchanges on children:

Please speak with 'indoor voices' when dining in the premium restaurants.

During our Dawn cruise last fall, we did our best to enjoy our anniversary package dinner at Le Bistro as a young couple and two young woman who were seated at different tables began chatting with one another. Turns out they had much in common. They began sharing stories and memories. I wondered if they thought everyone in the restaurant needed to hear their tales. "Turn down the volume please!" Didn't your mother's ever teach you to speak with an 'inside voice?!'

Another point, it occured to me as I read through this how many of these peeves apply to day to day life off cruise ships and in the real world.

They had great elevators on the Celebrity Galaxy, when they were at their limit, a bell went off, until some people got off the elevator. It was great. You never wanted to be the fat one that made the elevator ring, it was embarassing, lol.

Archived