Door Width of Standard Balcony Cabin

Peery5

We have booked a standard balcony cabin on Celebrity Eclipse for December. There were no accessible balcony cabins available. I am disabled and use a scooter for mobility. I called Celebrity and the 'accessible' department told me that the width of the standard balcony cabin doors was 26" which seems a bit wide based on other cruises.

Has anyone, who required the use of a scooter, stayed in a standard balcony cabin on Celebrity(solstice class). If so, can you tell me any problems that you may have encountered and how they were remedied? I have a Pride GoGo Traveler HD which is 22" wide.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, I can't answer the question but I have a suggestion. Go to a roll call thread for your ship, choose one that's coming up in the next week or so and post a request for someone who is going to be on that ship to measure a standard Opening (not door, as you know the hinges take up some room).

Some time ago I posted a similar question about Princess and found a nice cruiser who was more than happy to help me out and email me the details upon her return.

Archived