Scuba Girl

somuchluv

Just a question. I was talking with the folks at Stewarts Cove. They said I could call when I got off the ship to arrange for snorkeling that day. My question, can I use American quarters to call on the island? Also, are the payphones obvious when I get off the ship or will I be hard pressed to find one?

Thanks! You are always so helpful and I really appreciate all the local insight you give!!!

Hi! Just curious... we're planning on booking with Stuart's Cove for our stop in Nassau next week. I had planned on booking online today. Just wondering if there is a specific reason you're waiting until on the island to book (maybe something we haven't thought of)? Thanks!

Hi Laura,

The reason I am waiting to book is because if you book ahead of time, the money is totally non refundable. It is $8 cheaper to book ahead of time, for adults but for me it is much less stressful to know that I don't loose the money if there is a storm, etc that prevents us from going. *Bob* said there is never any worry of being closed out as there are plenty of ships so arranging ahead of time is not necessary but you do lose the money if you book ahead of time and there ends up being a reason you can't go. Call the 800 number to verify, just to be sure I have not stated any wrong info!

Thanks! That is was I assumed but I wasn't sure. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else.

I'll be interested in hearing Scubagirrl's response too. :)

Just a question. I was talking with the folks at Stewarts Cove. They said I could call when I got off the ship to arrange for snorkeling that day. My question, can I use American quarters to call on the island? Also, are the payphones obvious when I get off the ship or will I be hard pressed to find one?

Thanks! You are always so helpful and I really appreciate all the local insight you give!!!

American Quarters are necessary in pay phones. Look for a phone near the information center outside the port gates. Some will be for Swipe cards, some for change. There MAY be phones inside or nearby the Travel Center on the wharf, but I haven't been out there recently so I don't want to comment.

Have a fun trip!

SG

Archived