Avis FLL Airport Shuttle?

PR Cruisers

• 5 months later...

We, too, are dropping off at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - AVIS location (pre-cruise coming from FLL), and picking up there (post-cruise going to FLL) and have some extra time both directions, so we are renting a car.

So....I was doing some research regarding the actual Avis car rental drop-off/pickup location and found this pic from Google Maps that shows the Avis drop-off at the hotel.

I'm posting this because I have been searching and have yet to be able to pinpoint exactly where the AVIS drop off location was at the hotel. Hope this helps someone else.

I've also heard people complain (in some posts from over a year ago) about "the Avis shuttle never came to get us from the port." Anyone recently had that experience, or care to share their experience (from the past few months or so)? I've even heard some people taking a cab to Avis vs. waiting on the shuttle bus. Any comments are appreciated. :confused:

Anyway, back to the picture...It is from 17th street looking north, with the entrance to the hotel off to the left (you can see a couple of cars heading out of the hotel).

Looks like you take an immediate right to get to the Avis location once you turn off 17th into the hotel lot.

You can see the "AVIS" logo on the red awning toward the right side of the picture.

GP

Avis.jpg

Archived