Overwhelmed on The Oasis

livingitup

Can anyone provide recent western itinerary cruise compasses and MDR menu's? Want to get a head start on planning!!!:eek:

I suggest you read the reviews, one is linked in my signature.

As for the compasses, I did not even read them on the cruise, the activities can be overwhelming, so much to do. Fun is everywhere.

Spend more time on the port of call boards planning your excursions, especially on Cozumel, great port with an incredible amount of things to do, probably the one port that has the most to choose from.

Also, start getting familiar with the layout of the ship, as it is huge, but very well layed out.

The menus are in the process of being changed, so any menus available online would be rather outdated. My suggestion is to check the MDR menu early each day, either on the Wayfinders (the electronic interactive boards that are around the ship), outside the MDR, or on your cabin TV. This way you'll have an idea of what you'll want to eat before you sit down for dinner.

Have you booked your shows online? As long as you do this in advance of your cruise, you'll be all set. Everything else will just fall into place as you go along.

Researching the ports ahead of time is a good idea.

Here's a link to some older Oasis western Compasses: http://www.businesswebshop.com/fp/Oasis/

I concur with Johneeo, best thing is to look at the deck plans and have a very good sense of what's where. It's easier in Oasis because most everything is in a neighborhood. Once you learn where each neighbor hood is its very easy to get around. You can use the way finder if you get stuck. I photocopied the deck plans and left them in my cabin, so before we headed somewhere, I knew which direction to head!

I also think Donna has the right idea about pre booking the shows. The Compasses on this ship are like reading a small newspaper. Usually I devour my Compasses, but on Oasis, they ARE overwhelming, too long to read the whole thing. Most of it is the other shows you don't have booked, or product sales or events in the spa! I would just tear off the " evening" activities and tuck it into my purse. After our show, if we were looking for something to do after dinner, I'd refer to it!

HI DONNA K! missed you this yr on Oasis....

livingitup- Donna is correct, I was just on Oasis 2 wks ago and our head waiter told us the menu's were due to change within 2 wks, so I am thinking it will be this sailing if not the next.

I am in the process of emailing a fellow CC named Doug my compasses via email. I can send them to you too. Email me directly and I will send them to you. It is much easier to send with my ipad just by taking pics instead of scanning them into the computer and I can email them that way.

my email is my above screen name and add @msn.com

HI DONNA K! missed you this yr on Oasis....

livingitup- Donna is correct, I was just on Oasis 2 wks ago and our head waiter told us the menu's were due to change within 2 wks, so I am thinking it will be this sailing if not the next.

I am in the process of emailing a fellow CC named Doug my compasses via email. I can send them to you too. Email me directly and I will send them to you. It is much easier to send with my ipad just by taking pics instead of scanning them into the computer and I can email them that way.

my email is my above screen name and add @msn.com

Hi Rosebud1g,

would it be ok if i email you as well? I would love to plan using current Oasis compasses....

Archived