Ok so i have a cruise on monday

sexybackfool

So my girl friend on one year just broke it off with me 1 day before we are supposed to get on the ship thank got a got a different cabin but is my vacation ruined. or can i have fun even though the person I that I loved is now not with me but there for the 8 days anyone have any advice on how to get thru this

anyone have any advice on how to get thru this

Rebound 'relationship ' with someone you met on the ship?? Nah. I'm just kidding.

If I had to wallow in self pity over a relationship break up, a cruise ship is at least a nice place to be!

Go on your cruise and get out and have some fun. Join in all the activities and hopefully the ship will be big enough that you wont have to cross paths with her all that often.

Good luck!!

I know you feel like you wasted a whole year, but don't look at it like that. If you do, you'll make yourself crazy thinking about what ifs. Take this cruise as a way so start over and this can be your fresh new beginning. Do things for yourself that matter to you!

I know you feel like you wasted a whole year, but don't look at it like that. If you do, you'll make yourself crazy thinking about what ifs. Take this cruise as a way so start over and this can be your fresh new beginning. Do things for yourself that matter to you!
thanks for tha advice my friends tell me the same thing as you just said i know ill get over it but for now im still hurt

i just feel very upset i wasted a year ill never get back

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!

It's not a year wasted, it's a year of experiences. You'll realize that once the hurt, pain and anger subsides.

But, you have just broken up, you are allowed to feel hurt. As you said, you will get over... It just takes time.

I speak from experience... Many of them :)

Hope nobody goes overboard on this cruise... ;)

It would truly suck to be in your situtation. You could get really fit shaced and go to the karaoke bar and sing break-up songs. Then bad mouth her in the MDR. Of course, the chance of reconciliation would pretty much be burned up. GL.

Hurry and join the roll call for your cruise, sign up for the Meet and Greet, and attend it on board. There you'll meet other solo cruisers to hang out with. Attend the very first mixer/activity for solo travelers. If people dont show for the first mixer then they may not show for later ones.

Have fun and good luck.

Give it some time. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you anyways?

Get really drunk and have angry ex sex. ;)

Yeah, that will solve everything. I truly hope you were kidding.

Listen.....I am truly sorry this happened to you. What terrible timing, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

You will be fine. Go and have a great time. I see you have been on many cruises, so you know that you can have a blast. Who knows...the love of your life may be on that ship waiting to meet you. ;)

So my girl friend on one year just broke it off with me 1 day before we are supposed to get on the ship thank got a got a different cabin but is my vacation ruined. or can i have fun even though the person I that I loved is now not with me but there for the 8 days anyone have any advice on how to get thru this

Seriously:confused:. Breaks off today? Both still going? Were you in the same cabin initially or separate cabins from the start? She's still going even with a breakup? Who paid for the cruise in the first place?

Listen.....I am truly sorry this happened to you. What terrible timing, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

You will be fine. Go and have a great time. I see you have been on many cruises, so you know that you can have a blast. Who knows...the love of your life may be on that ship waiting to meet you. ;)

DITTO! Go aboard with a positive attitude, and have a good time. Go to the Maitre'd and ask for a table with other "singles", and maybe you'll find "the one". ;)

"SKY"

Get up in the morning.

Start a walking routine.

Go to the gym.

Do the sauna.

Go to the shows.

Get several good books and read.

Talk to people.

Watch the sky and the sea and feel the breeze.

Savor your food.

Do not lie in bed ordering room service and mourning.

And remember that we learn.

You did not waste that year; you were learning something that you needed to learn.

Trying to avoid her will keep you hypervigilant, not a good thing. Is another friend of yours able to go with you?

I go solo all the time and haven't noticed many single things to do. They have a meet and greet but no one goes to it.

I like to play trivia and always meet a bunch of people there.

If you do happen to see her, just smile and act like you're having a great time (even if you aren't). Don't let her know how upset or hurt you are. Don't give her that power over you or she can use it to make your vacation worse. Talk to other young couples if there aren't enough singles around. You now have a great opportunity to make new friends. Good Luck!!

Sadly no all my other friends are back in college already and this was supposed to be a romantic vacation im not alone at all my mom was he one who set up the booking her parents and brother are on the cruise as well i booked basicly to go with her it was her idea back in June i guess its a good thing this break up happen sooner then later i start my college semester the day after i come back it will be a new start im gonna make sure i cut her and her family out of my life

Get up in the morning.

Start a walking routine.

Go to the gym.

Do the sauna.

Go to the shows.

Get several good books and read.

Talk to people.

Watch the sky and the sea and feel the breeze.

Savor your food.

Do not lie in bed ordering room service and mourning.

And remember that we learn.

You did not waste that year; you were learning something that you needed to learn.

Great advice. Remember to smile. There is a correlation between that smile and endorphines. The new ladies enjoy a smile too.

Archived