Splendor my awesome bar package

am588

I do have some concerns about folks getting a little "sloppy" trying to get their money's worth. I bet security rues the day they initiated this program.

Even if they do it's their vacation, no different from people who go on a cruise to overeat.

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm really hoping it will be available on the Freedom in December...

Can you use it for DOD? How about for shooters?

You can use it for anything under $10. There were only a few things on the menu I could find that were over $10 (the yardstick drinks and a few wines)

I have not seen it in writing anywhere, so I suspect, you are told at the point of purchase because more than one person has given this information.

There is a 15 drink limit and I saw 3 people told they reached the limit. This is actually one complaint the bar staff had w the program because there is no way for them to keep track of how many drinks you have until you reach 15, and then a bright red flashing message comes up and they cannot serve you anymore. The bar manager when I purchased this program also informed me of the limit

There is a 15 drink limit and I saw 3 people told they reached the limit. This is actually one complaint the bar staff had w the program because there is no way for them to keep track of how many drinks you have until you reach 15, and then a bright red flashing message comes up and they cannot serve you anymore. The bar manager when I purchased this program also informed me of the limit

Thanks for clearing this up.

Were the 3 people sober?

Had to see this coming. Carnival will now get in trouble. They again as usual are posting one thing and telling passengers another once on the ship.

Was waiting for you to come back an settle this question. Thanks for the answer.

I do not believe there is a drink limit....some where some on used a 15 drinks a day as an example... I read the rules and do no think I say a number limit....

Refer to post #134 above where the person WITNESSED 3 people being cut off after #15, seems pretty believable to me.

I've been waiting all week ask you a few questions I sail November 11th on the splendor did you have to wait long for drinks can you get a Bloody

We actually received the best service ever on this cruise. Hardly any waiting for drinks, and they would automatically make our drinks with premium alcohol as long as it was under $10. Mimosas and bloody Mary's are included

I do have some concerns about folks getting a little "sloppy" trying to get their money's worth. I bet security rues the day they initiated this program.

Surprisingly we didn't see anyone any sloppier drunk than usual. On this cruise only 150 passengers purchased the program so I don't think a lot of people were drinking a lot more than a regular cruise. We never even came close to our 15 drink limit

Surprisingly we didn't see anyone any sloppier drunk than usual. On this cruise only 150 passengers purchased the program so I don't think a lot of people were drinking a lot more than a regular cruise. We never even came close to our 15 drink limit

So, do you feel like you got your money's worth in the end? Would you purchase it again?

So, do you feel like you got your money's worth in the end? Would you purchase it again?

I feel as though we did, but we also did keep every receipt so I plan on going through and seeing how much I would've spent if I had paid per drink vs using this package. Will include this in my review

More good news from John Heald:

Hi Everybody, as per John heald on Facebook just a few minutes ago, I asked if there is a 15 drink minimum for the bar package and he said this:

"The 15 drink note is a flag for...

the bartender, he will use this to check to make sure that the person is okay to continue being served alcohol. However we will not stop at 15 drinks if all is ok. Please post this on cruise critic so they have the proper information. Cheers mate."

When you think of how much $$$ you are spending on the cruise a day, break it down. Even 8 drinks at $8 a day works out to $64. So you are saving money by purchasing this package. If you have 1 drink at lunch, maybe 1 before, a few after lunch, 1 or 2 at dinner, after dinner, dancing at the club or just relaxing on top deck 1. That is roughly 8-13 drinks a day broken up throughout the day. You don't have to worry about how much $$$ you are spending daily or go to guest services everyday and get your bar bill, you've paid so use it. My husband and I think it is worth it and we are doing it.

From our Roll Call page for the Splendor next week.

am588...this will cause debate, but we all know that it is going to happen so I am just curious....how did they regulate the "sharing" that will go on with this program? Can you only get so many drinks an hour or something?

The only way I saw them regulating was when my boyfriend would get a drink for me and him. He'd have to bring over my card with him and they'd swipe each of the cards, and couldn't put 2 drinks on. 1 card at the same time. There weren't any time limits between drinks, I think it's just up to the bartender to monitor.

I feel as though we did, but we also did keep every receipt so I plan on going through and seeing how much I would've spent if I had paid per drink vs using this package. Will include this in my review

Im looking forward to your review, since you also did the Disney Half prior to sailing. Im also a marathon runner.

The only way I saw them regulating was when my boyfriend would get a drink for me and him. He'd have to bring over my card with him and they'd swipe each of the cards, and couldn't put 2 drinks on. 1 card at the same time. There weren't any time limits between drinks, I think it's just up to the bartender to monitor.

Your back!! Hope you had a great cruise!! We have all been waiting patiently for you!! lol

Wondering about the buckets of beer...included in the 25% discount???

Archived