Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

About Me

  • Location
  • Interests
    Travel, reading, family, crafts
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

momof3cruisers's Achievements

Cool Cruiser

Cool Cruiser (2/15)

  1. Morning: the mango and whatever else juice on Lido or a specialty iced coffee Evening: Whimsy Scarlet in the comedy club.
  2. I did not realize I hadn’t concluded my review! I wrote it up but I’m not sure where. 🥴 I’ll find it and do my best to get it posted by Friday. Hopefully Thursday.
  3. We are good. I was actually doing two sort of back to back cruises since the 16th of Feb and this is my first time on CC since I got back. Breeze out of Galveston, then two days on the island and onto Voyager of the Seas. It was very fun and interesting to compare the two right after one another. It’s kind of you to be concerned. Thanks for checking. Thank you. For that matter, my son wouldn’t go anywhere just in case some bizarre thing arose. Indeed, the owner of the dog DOES know best how to prepare his dog. This dog and my son have spent hours upon hours in the multitudes in training for so very many situations. In addition to traveling all over the country via car, train, and airplane. He’s also been in boats both on lakes and the ocean. He has never before ignored a command of any kind. As far as cruelty, Max is thrilled and delighted to simply be with “his boy” which is what he knows C as. Keep in mind, we did not prevent him from going potty. He didn’t want to. Also, he was very happy and well behaved regardless of having not gone potty. His tail was wagging, he did his tasks just as normal and out of his vest was very playful and affectionate. I’d love to hear your multitudes of things you would have done. Max did enjoy his cruise! He LOVED being on the balcony and laying in the sun. He’s originally from Missouri and isn’t impressed with our cold MN winters. In any restaurant Max is always under the table unless it’s not possible for some reason. C says, “Under” and Max knows what to do. Service dogs are allowed anywhere a passenger is allowed although, I am sure if they had signed up for Behind the Fun that he would not have been allowed into the kitchen or any food prep areas. Oh, also not in pools or hot tubs. He never EVER gets on furniture, even the deck chairs. When outside on the deck, C lays his blanket down for him and Max knows that is his spot. If C was in the sun, he had Max go under his lounger as well to keep him in the shade if it was hot. The dog carries his own bowl on his vest so if he needed water, C just fills a clean glass and then pours it into his bowl for him.
  4. My boys and I sailed a 4 night Mon-Friday cruise out of Miami this past December. We didn’t notice a single drunk person other than one guy in an afternoon comedy show. We saw a couple of shows, played trivia, hung out on the back pool deck, right by the bar (a lot!) went to almost all the comedy, sat in the lobby listening to the string trio, etc. I think total, we bought five drinks, the three of us combined. oh, and they are 22 and 23.
  5. Thank you but I actually meant the ones SingleFlyer posted.
  6. I’m not seeing closets in those VV cabins. I’m assuming I’m missing them. Yes?
  7. Very interesting itinerary. Great pics of the cool architecture. Looking forward to following along.
  8. I actively avoid Monstrosity of the Seas type ships. Breeze is about as big as I like. I haven’t even tried Vista (though I would) or Mardi Gras etc.(which I might.)
  9. My boys and I sailed out of Miami in early December. We decided that those dogs are safety theater. They clearly missed A LOT!!! Not only because on the very first day, immediately after sail away we could smell marijuana INSIDE our cabin when the vent was blowing but also because tons of people in our FB group mentioned smelling it as well and we were in all different areas of the ship. It was SO pervasive in our hallway that neighbors often passed each other and asked “do you guys smell pot?” On the last full day of the cruise we came out of the stateroom to a letter in the mailbox saying there had been several reports in that area and reminding people that there was a fine for smoking anything in the cabin or on the balcony. No kidding. However, I will say that the cruise was very pleasant, didn’t see any crazy behavior though we are not night owls, and the food was all really good. We were on a four day on Conquest and I had definite concerns before we went. A friend of mine was on the next four day on Conquest and it was her husband’s first cruise. They loved it and he already booked them on another one in Jan. Also smelled weed but didn’t see any misbehaving either.
  10. At this point it was early afternoon. I decided to check the line at the deli. Man, that line moves slowly! But today it was short so I got my Cuban sandwich which is one of my favorites and decided to eat outside. Wow! So much wind! Back inside I went to a table near the window to enjoy the view without getting blown away. After lunch, I too decided a nap sounded good. The boys were on the balcony playing something on their Switches and Max was out there watching the ocean. I knew there was a craft coming up at 4:30 and I really wanted to get to that so I set my alarm and took a snooze. I seriously considered shutting off that alarm! But I’m really glad I didn’t. The lobby where they were holding the event was packed! And there are very few tables. Not much room for crafting. Why on earth they don’t hold it in an unused club with way more flat surfaces or even by the coffee bar with tons of tables is a mystery to me! But the craft was a cute snow globe type ornament with little wooden parts to glue on, stickers for the year etc. I tried sharing one seat space with two other ladies at the bar but it was really crowded. I finally decided to take my supplies and finish it at home. Sadly, I don’t have any pictures of it. I’ve gone to the craft things before and they usually have pretty cute stuff. I had missed one earlier in the week as it was held earlier than I made it out of our room. I’m not a morning person and it takes me awhile to get going after I wake up. This one being in the afternoon worked out well. The timing was good too. A lot of the time had been used up waiting in line to get the supplies so by the time I got back to the room, I had some time to get packed up before we checked in for dinner. I got mostly done and then we headed for the lobby to listen to the string trio and check in to dinner on the app. We really liked this routine each night. They were fun to listen to and it set the mood for a relaxing evening. We never waited more than about ten minutes after we checked in to be assigned a table and every night we were at one of the angled four top ones. This was good placement as it allowed Max to have space underneath. Every night, J had ordered the same thing—two shrimp cocktails and the steak. He’s a simple man. He did add another appetizer here and there but those were his standbys. Tonight, Chicken Parmesan was on the menu and I convinced him to try it instead. I’ve made it at home but it’s not a frequent dish. I was quite surprised when they came out and didn’t have any pasta or sauce. Just a pounded and breaded chicken breast with a piece of cheese on top. Huh? It was good but not what we expected. C on the other hand got the barramundi which he said was excellent. I think this was the same night I tried the fried green tomatoes. I would have loved more than one order of those! They were my favorite app of the week. Desserts were the only things that were hot or miss during the week. Crème brûlée was very good for all three of us. One night J and I got the WCMC and it was absolute soup. Not a hit for us. He stuck with ice cream after that. C and I Got the kids banana split one night and it was just right. I forget what I got the last night but C decided to try the WCMC and his was perfect. After dinner, there was a 7:30 PG show with Sean Finnerty. If you ever have a chance to see him, GO! He’s a very funny guy! We laughed a lot and I got a Whimsy Scarlet. Good thing I remembered as it’s my favorite drink and I hadn’t had one yet! After comedy, we finished off the night with karaoke. All week we had been hoping to hear this one guy sing again. We had dubbed him Usher’s understudy as the first night he did an usher song and was beyond incredible and J had commented that the guy could be Usher’s understudy. We did figure audiences would be pretty irritated if they paid for Usher and got this other guy but he was seriously that good! Sadly, we found out from some gals we had chatted with throughout the week that he sang while we were at comedy. Oh well! Each of the boys sang again and we hung out and cheered others on. We decided to call it a pretty early night as we needed to finish packing and we planned to get off ASAP in the morning. We had received our group 2 luggage tags and a letter telling us to meet in the mid ship dining room at 8:15. So we got things packed up and two bags set outside before going off to sleep. If you have been wondering or keeping track, at this point, Max had not gone potty since the evening before at about 7:00. By the time we went to bed, he was going (or not!) on 28 hours. Yikes! He has NEVER disobeyed a command but by the afternoon of this last day, he just refused to make eye contact with C when he gave him the potty command. Apparently he felt very strongly about those pellet things! He was still perfectly behaved otherwise and had been continuing to do his tasks, but potty was not happening. I had a super absorbent microfiber beach towel so we put that in his crate for the night just in case and kept a ziploc bag in a backpack in case we needed to rinse it and take it off wet in the morning. I will try to get our last day in tomorrow but we have extended family Christmas so it might not happen until Sunday. We stayed one more night in Miami due to flight prices and other things so I’ll let you know how that turned out as well as this crazy dog and his shenanigans.
  11. So, our sea day began with sea day brunch for C and myself. Jacob wanted pizza so off he went. We were seated pretty quickly but we were right next to a window and C wasn’t feeling it. Or rather, he was feeling it too much. The waves out of his peripheral vision was making him a bit motion sick so we asked to be moved. All we said was not right next to a window but they must have decided we didn’t want to see the ocean at all. We had quite a wait and then figured out why. We were seated by ourselves at a 6 top at the front of the dining room facing away from the windows completely. They were certainly making sure the view wasn’t a problem. While waiting to be seated the second time, we had the most persistent crew/dog interaction of the whole cruise. We had seen this hostess before and she had tried to talk to Max and C asked her not to. Twice. This morning, we were stuck there. We knew telling her again wouldn’t help. Max will ignore someone for a good long time but she was quite intrusive. Finally, I told her that he was working and she needed to stop distracting him and moved myself between her and the dog. She acted offended but honestly, we didn’t care. our service at brunch was fantastic. We mentioned the assistant waiter in our post cruise survey. He was fun and very quick. I got my platinum drink—yay! We ordered pretty standard breakfast fare and it was all served exactly right and at a good temp. MDR service and food on this whole cruise was very good. After we finished, we set off to find Jacob. He was….you guessed it at the aft pool. We all enjoyed the sunshine for awhile and then went our separate ways. C was trying again to get Max to use the box, (he tried several times each day) I decided to get my $25 free play in the casino and try my luck and j decided to see if there was anything fun in the arcade. Eventually we all ended up in the casino. Since J hadn’t had any extra drinks all week and C had a few each day, he asked if he could charge a couple of the cash bundle claw games to the room. So, he gave that a shot. By no huge surprise, he didn’t even come close. I discovered that C had never played a slot machine. For their 18th birthdays, the other two had chosen an overnight at a local casino but he wasn’t in a good place healthwise at that time so he had chosen a gift. So he and I sat down to play some slots. I was disappointed that none of the machines I like are on Conquest. we found some random machines and he got tired of losing his money fairly quickly. 😂 I lost about half of my $25 and decided to switch to video poker. Both boys decided to go take a nap. I got my free money cycled through and added an extra $15.
  12. I had commented that we probably could have gotten her to go lower but he decided that even if it was expensive that paying too much for something in Mexico was part of the tourist experience. He’s funny.
  • Create New...