Labadee Hispaniola

minniegidget

I was just in Labadee last Thursday, on the Voyager. This is a private peninsula of Haiti, owned by Royal Caribbean for use of their ships and Celebrity's. We had a wonderful day! We did not do waverunner or parasailing. We did rent floating mats ($10 each) and headed to the one beach which there were waves, and rode them all day! There are about six beaches in the area and ours was the only one with any type of surf. As you get off the dick, just continue straight, right past Labadee Luc's and you're there. A 2-minute walk. You will have a nice BBQ lunch with ice tea or punch. There are bars all over for libations as well. There are places that you can shop, and you can bargain with the natives. One fellow cruiser got a walking stick whose original prive was $150, bargained down to $20!!!

Did you see anyone bring there own mat to float on? I could buy one or two at home for 1.99 and if I cant bring them home it is not a big lost to me. I know that is what I did when I was on the Disney Cruise line. Matter of fact as I was headed back to the ship there was a couple headed for the beach and we gave the float to them and they used them as well. I have no clue on what they did with them.

Its funny that I read on the previous board ,the question posed if anyone has brought their own floating mat. Thats what Im gonna do for my June 17 cruise on the Voyager, and I will deflate the air mats prior to going back to the ship. Why spend (in my case $20.00) ,for two air mats ,when I can bring my own and I can use them on 4 beach destinations. This trip is expensive enough, I can spend the money on other items.:)

Archived