Early Flights out of Miami

ELONGINOTTI

We are going on the Epic in February and were wondering if a 10:50 flight out of Miami would be to early or would it work. Thanks for the help.

In March this year I had something like a 1pm flight, left the boat by 9 (we were in Haven so got off boat quickly) & we did not have a lot of time to spare at the airport as we were close to 2 hours going thru airport security :(

We are going on the Epic in February and were wondering if a 10:50 flight out of Miami would be to early or would it work. Thanks for the help.

If you carried off luggage and everything worked perfectly (assume you would take cab) you should make it. But why add the tension and stress to your vacation? I would book a later flight and possibly look at the standby route to get out earlier. We have an 11:50 out of FLL in a few weeks but I booked a later flight as a backup (am using ff points so obviously easier to do). We traditionally have booked later flights and have gotten out earlier but I would rather be at the airport trying to get out sooner than arriving late trying to find a way out (economically). JMHO

I wouldn't book that early. Remember, you must go through security and there will be hundreds of other cruisers going through as well.

I wouldn't book anything earlier than 11:30 so you have sufficient time to get through Security.

Agree with the statement about adding undue stress to your trip. It IS possible to walk off the ship by 7:30, grab a cab and get to the airport by 8:00, and then get to your gate by 9:00. However, everything has to work perfectly...

Ship must arrive on time

Clearing the ship for debarkation must happen quickly

You carry off your own luggage

Customs is adequately staffed and moves smoothly and quickly

No "incidents" that delay this..like spot inspections, etc.

There must be a cab waiting

No traffic to the airport

Fast security line and check-in

If any of the above don't happen you're going to have a problem, in my opinion

I would not book a flight earlier than noon. Our CC Liberty cruise was very, very late getting into Miami in March due to an emergency evac and propulsion issues. We only arrived at 11:30 am. I'm sure this does not happen very often (or maybe it does?) but why take a chance?

Archived