How do you store digital photos???

How do you store your digital photos?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. How do you store your digital photos?

• Bring enough memory cards for the whole trip.
    • Bring a laptop to store photos.
    • Use ship's service to write photos to CD.
    • Use service on shore to write photos to CD.
    • Use CD writer to write photo to CD on my own.
    • Bring other non-laptop device to store photos (e.g iPod).
    • Other (please post).

I know now that my remote does work but I still can't get it hooked up correctly ot my TVs/vcr/DVD to get a menu to come up, to look at things on the TV.

I thinkit is my TV - I remember having this problem hooking up my camcorder- you have to change the TV to some obscure channel. :( I thought I wrote it down, but quess not.

I think also you must follow the directions carefully. Things like turning Roadstor on before connecting to computer or TV will not work.

I know now that my remote does work but I still can't get it hooked up correctly ot my TVs/vcr/DVD to get a menu to come up, to look at things on the TV.

I thinkit is my TV - I remember having this problem hooking up my camcorder- you have to change the TV to some obscure channel. :( I thought I wrote it down, but quess not.

I think also you must follow the directions carefully. Things like turning Roadstor on before connecting to computer or TV will not work.

Try press 00 on your remote...one of my televisions I have to do a double zero. On my big screen television my remote has a TV/Video button. My television must be on Video for anytype of external photo/video equipment. Hope one of these works for you.

I had someone with a little more knowledge than I look at mine...and he can't get it to work either. Soooooooooo I sent an email to the ebay person that I bought it from. I gues we will now see what happens when you buy something from ebay and it does not work!!

I let you all know the outcome.

Well still so far so good. I have made cd's of the flash cards that I have and they have all worked. I did have trouble with the first one that I tried it went to 17% and then quit. I remembered that with the stack of cd's that I have that some of them will do that with the cd burner on my computer so I put in a new one and so far it has worked fine.

Please let us know how the service is with the ebay people that you purchased yours from, as this was the first item that I have ever gotten from ebay. Hope everything works out for you.

Just wanted to get update on these roadstors, I just got mine and so far it seems to work. I did not try all the features, just copying photos from a memory card onto a CD. That is the sole purpose of my purchasing it. Hopefully, I won't have any problems with it, I am planning on depending on using it for my upcoming cruise. Maybe I'll burn 2 CD's just to be sure the photos are saved.

Hope everyone has good luck with them.

I know now that my remote does work but I still can't get it hooked up correctly ot my TVs/vcr/DVD to get a menu to come up, to look at things on the TV. I thinkit is my TV - I remember having this problem hooking up my camcorder- you have to change the TV to some obscure channel.

There are several possible locations to find the video input for your television:

1. If it is a newer television, it will likely have a button on the TV and/or remote labeled "Input"...when pressing this button, your TV will change from "TV" to "Input 1" to "Input 2" (and so on, depending on how many inputs your TV has) and back to TV. All you have to do is hook up the Roadstor...turn it on, then click this button until you see the menu (remember if it is Input 1, 2, 3 etc for next time).

2. If it is a moderately new television, but not the state-of-the-art, you may have your Input choices built right into your channel selection. Try this: Go to channel 2, then press the 'channel down' button, as if you were going to go to channel 1. Keep going...if your TV rolls over to the high channels, then your inputs aren't here. But many TVs will go from channel 3, 2, Input 2, Input 1, 99, 98, 97 etc.) - the inputs are between the lowest and the highest channel on the rollover.

3. If you have an older TV...you likely have to tune the television to either channel 3, or channel 4, depending on the setting. Hook up the Roadstor device to the inputs on the television, turn it on, then change the channel to 3 or 4, and see if you can find the Roadstor menu.

One of these methods should work for every television on the market that has inputs - if you have a yellow, red, and white RCA jack on your TV, try these three methods.

As for ItsAnita's problem,

It sounds to me like you have either an incompatible memory card, or you are using formatted or incorrect CD-R discs. As mentioned, be sure you haven't formatted the blank discs at all...and you want to use CD-R discs...be careful that you are not using CD-RW discs...as some may not work with the Roadstor...and definately make sure you aren't using CD+R or CD+RW discs (these were for a lesser used CD burning format not very common, and is a different type of disc. There is a difference between "CD-R" discs and "CD+R" discs.

Good luck either way!

I received my new Roadstor from ebay.

Followed the instuctions, but no luck!

Can someone walk me thru this. It certainly seems simple enough.

I turned it on.... I put the card in the correct slot, put in a new CD-R.

the monitor 1st said: "disc loading"...next it said "stop". I then hit the button and got "backup?". I hit the button again and it said " burning CD Write Volume".

And thats as far as it went. After 30 minutes it still said the same thing, I could hear it running, but I turned the unit off as it was getting warm to the touch. The user guide's troubleshooting page does not even list

"burning CD Write Volume".

How long does the back up take. There are only 30 pictures on the card.

I tried this again this am with the same results? What am I doing wrong? Am I just not waiting long enough?

HELP!!!

I tried mine after we got it several times, kept getting the same message...DISC LOADING....after buying a better brand of Cd's in case that was the problem,it still didn't work.

My DH called the # and found out that there was a problem with the unit, we sent it back after getting the RMA # and my replacement unit should be arriving any day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one works.We are leaving out in 23 days and will not have time to re-do the whole exchange process again if it doesn't.With Ebay it's not always a guarantee I guess.

Hope you got yours to finally work.

I tried mine after we got it several times, kept getting the same message...DISC LOADING....after buying a better brand of Cd's in case that was the problem,it still didn't work.

My DH called the # and found out that there was a problem with the unit, we sent it back after getting the RMA # and my replacement unit should be arriving any day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one works.We are leaving out in 23 days and will not have time to re-do the whole exchange process again if it doesn't.With Ebay it's not always a guarantee I guess.

Hope you got yours to finally work.

Nope, never did work. I tried different times, and like you bought more expernsive CD and then got CD-WR. But still no luck. When I first emailed them, they refused an exchange because it was 9 days since I received the unit, and their cut off was 7 days. After several discussions via email, with me discussing the bad PR this would cause, they finally agreed to an exchange. So, I send it back 4 days ago and am waiting for the new unit and or some type of reply. Hopefully, we both get ones that work. Since we got ours around the same time, maybe we just got a bad "batch". Let me know if you get yours and if it work this time. You must be SO EXCITED! Were are you going in less than 23 days??

Nope, never did work. I tried different times, and like you bought more expernsive CD and then got CD-WR. But still no luck. When I first emailed them, they refused an exchange because it was 9 days since I received the unit, and their cut off was 7 days. After several discussions via email, with me discussing the bad PR this would cause, they finally agreed to an exchange. So, I send it back 4 days ago and am waiting for the new unit and or some type of reply. Hopefully, we both get ones that work. Since we got ours around the same time, maybe we just got a bad "batch". Let me know if you get yours and if it work this time. You must be SO EXCITED! Were are you going in less than 23 days??

It sounds like we bought from the same Ebay person, the return was also 7 days for us.We were on the Holiday to Costa Maya & Cozmel, but it was cancelled,now we are leaving out of Jacksonville to Key West & Nassua,Bahamas.Since this is our first cruise we are VERY EXCITED.I'm just trying to be prepared for everything.Taking pictures is what I love to do, and since I think we have decided to book a room so we can do the whole Atlantis thing pools & all,I just know if I can't download my photos I will be limited.I think I will bring my other SLR camera along that takes film just in case.But I will have to take them both everywhere with me if one want fit in the safe because I can't risk losing any of my cameras I would be lost.My kids are really into sports so I always take photos during every game just in case they have that once-in-a-lifetime play they will always have the picture to remember it by.Needless to say I couldn't live without my cameras or my kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just got my new Roadstor and it works great! My faith in ebay is restored.

Has anyone used the Roadstor to play music in the cabin using the TV...(the TV speakers)? Has it worked ok? That would eliminate taking an additional CD player and the small speakers we bought for it.

how's this Roadstor thing working for those who bought it? I'm getting really interested and thinking of getting one.

I currently have a S-Media cocopod. It has a memory card reader and 20gb storage. It's also a mp3 player.

how's this Roadstor thing working for those who bought it? I'm getting really interested and thinking of getting one.

I currently have a S-Media cocopod. It has a memory card reader and 20gb storage. It's also a mp3 player.

I love my Roadstor -- worked right out of the box, my husband has also used it as a portable DVD player in hotel rooms when he travels. But primarily it's our way to burn our own cd's and save on memory cards.

Mine (Addonics version) is going on 2 1/2 years, and has burned photos on two cruises, 3 Disney trips, and a golf tournament which I was the paid photographer for. I've burned probably 70 CDs without a hangup yet, knock on wood, and have occasionally used it for some CD music and a DVD or two.

I've also burned off lots of photos for friends who don't bring cameras from the cruise...I can give them a CD of my photos right on the ship to take home. Some people who I met on board too who maybe didn't have a good camera with them and weren't going to have any good printable photos of the trip, I can give a CD of photos to go home and print, and write my e-mail on the disc so we can keep in touch.

At the golf tournament I had to use the unit to prepare take-home CDs for all of the foursomes in the tourney, which included all of the general tournament shots. I used two cameras, and while I burned 20 CDs for the foursomes, the tournament assistant director ran the other card to a local printer for some 1-hour 8x10 prints to frame. We were able to finish the tournament at 4:30pm, and have the photo CDs and 8x10 prints delivered in the gift bag as everyone finished the auction at 7pm! Without the portable CD burner, which I used to burn CDs right from the golf cart, I never could have finished all the CDs in time.

Archived