Sandals Day Pass with a Friend?

patricel

My friend and I are taking a cruise together for a girls trip and want a nice peaceful beach to sit on with drinks to relax for the day. Husbands and kids are staying home. I am considering Sandals since it looks to be the nicest resort and they have the private island. Will we feel uncomfortable at a couples resort?

PS: I think Sandy Toes would be perfect, but it does not operate the day we are there.

My friend and I are taking a cruise together for a girls trip and want a nice peaceful beach to sit on with drinks to relax for the day. Husbands and kids are staying home. I am considering Sandals since it looks to be the nicest resort and they have the private island. Will we feel uncomfortable at a couples resort?

PS: I think Sandy Toes would be perfect, but it does not operate the day we are there.

Sandals private island is not really like Sandy Toes.. it's far more commercial. As for feeling uncomfortable, that would be up to you.

Sandals is geared toward romance, and the DJ tries to get "couples" to do silly things.

This is a couples only property, so you would be seen as a "couple'. depends on how sensitive you are... I'm sure others have done this.

My husband and I have stayed at Sandals and also done the day pass. Sandals is for couples but groups go there as well (family or wedding parties). If you're just sitting together by the pool together, I don't think many people will make assumptions about your "couple-ness". :)

A few things to keep in mind about the private island - weather and ferry times. Be very careful with your timing because the ferry only goes back and forth once an hour. Make sure you don't get stuck on the island and miss your ship. Also, when we were there on the day pass, it was very windy and the ferry was not operating. So it's not guaranteed that you'll be able to get to the island.

I didn't think the private island was commercial. Half of the island is owed by Sandals. The other half used to be used for the Blackbeard's Cay excursion (I'm not sure it is anymore). The Sandals side is nice - there's a restaurant and small pool with swim-up bar, lounges and hammocks along the beach path.

The main beach at Sandals is pretty small but there are two large swim-up pools. One pool is quieter, the other more active. The pools are not heated - something to consider if you're going in the winter months.

Archived