Carnival - Wedding Cake Sizes

jeschwartz82

This info was really hard for me to find. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to get a thread going that would detail the different cake sizes.

I was looking to get ribbon to go around my cake tiers, and, apparently it has to be precut since you cant bring scissors on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are doing the Just For the Bride and Groom package. Our cake will be a small 2 tier cake.

Tier 1 - 10" diameter

Tier 2 - 8" diameter

Does it really have to be precut? Did you use the circumference formula to figure out the length of ribbon needed? If so, you may want to add some slack for overlap, because depending on how much frosting is applied, it may not be exact.

I bought a whole spool of ribbon to give the coordinators when we board. I figure the pastry dept would apply it to the cake and cut it approriately, since they are doing the decoration, etc.

i called to get the measurements for mine. its actually much bigger then i thought it would be for only serving 8 people ...

herbaltees, they told me that my ribbon had to be precut. you might want to call to confirm.

Thank you I will def ask about it.

Uggh, this kind of upsets me.

Yeah seriously. Is it that big of hassle for them to take 10 seconds to cut the ribbon?

Who decorates the cake (ribbon, topper, etc)? My CCL coordinator told me the kitchen did it, the onboard coordinator said we were responsible and another bride mentioned that the coordinator did it.

Who decorates the cake (ribbon, topper, etc)? My CCL coordinator told me the kitchen did it, the onboard coordinator said we were responsible and another bride mentioned that the coordinator did it.

I asked my coordinator about the cake and sent her pictures of what I wanted, she said they (I assume the pastry dept) could do it but that I needed to provide the decor.

She didn't say the ribbon needed to pre cut, but I will ask.

I had the Bling Ribbon for my cake, and it was one very long piece. I brought scissors, but never used them.

When I saw the cake, it had a ribbon around it.

Only thing was that, I freaking forgot to get the ribbon back before I left the cruise. That stuff was not cheap!

Oh, and the bling ribbon was not easy to cut. So all in all, the cooks took care of it.

This was aboard the Carnival Magic, Sept 2nd 12

I had the Bling Ribbon for my cake, and it was one very long piece. I brought scissors, but never used them.

When I saw the cake, it had a ribbon around it.

Only thing was that, I freaking forgot to get the ribbon back before I left the cruise. That stuff was not cheap!

Oh, and the bling ribbon was not easy to cut. So all in all, the cooks took care of it.

This was aboard the Carnival Magic, Sept 2nd 12

You're back?! Congratulations!

You're back?! Congratulations!

they told me bring the roll of ribbon and they will cut it, not for me to precut it for the cake. she also said the chef and the kitchen will decorate the cake

to look the way i want it to from the picture.

• 8 months later...

Sasha, my coordinator for the Breeze, emailed me this:

For up to 50 guests you will have a 2 tiered cake served. The top tiers diameter would be 10" and the bottom tier would be 13". The depth of each tier is about 4".

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

For up to 50 guests you will have a 2 tiered cake served. The top tiers diameter would be 10" and the bottom tier would be 13". The depth of each tier is about 4".

Hope that helps!

It helps me. Thank you so much!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Love me some Sasha and the Breeze... I didnt even think of the " Glad I seen this.. Thanks yall...

Hope that helps!

Awesome! I'm glad I was helpful about *something* on these boards! =) I'll just be bringing the whole roll of ribbon just in case. You never know...you might find it to be useful elsewhere too!

Sasha has been very receptive to my questions about the cake. I had my final call with her this past Monday (wedding is in TWO WEEKS!!) so I provided her with a few pictures of general cake ideas I had, and she said they can definitely accommodate the look of them, minus any intricate piping. I told her that was TOTALLY FINE as I didn't care for any piping whatsoever. I just wanted to be able to put my cake topper on top, add some ribbon to the bottom of each layer, and sprinkle some gum-sugar flowers all around it. She said it should be do-able!

Good luck with all your cakes everyone!

Ohhh thats What's.. AND yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh U help me boo.. SO we All give a lil U know.. I CANT wait to read UR review and see Ur pix.. I wont see My Breeze until 9/8 Wedding Wedding Wedding.. GL, I know Ur Excited.. Woooooooow 2 weeks

Awesome! I'm glad I was helpful about *something* on these boards! =) I'll just be bringing the whole roll of ribbon just in case. You never know...you might find it to be useful elsewhere too!

Sasha has been very receptive to my questions about the cake. I had my final call with her this past Monday (wedding is in TWO WEEKS!!) so I provided her with a few pictures of general cake ideas I had, and she said they can definitely accommodate the look of them, minus any intricate piping. I told her that was TOTALLY FINE as I didn't care for any piping whatsoever. I just wanted to be able to put my cake topper on top, add some ribbon to the bottom of each layer, and sprinkle some gum-sugar flowers all around it. She said it should be do-able!

Good luck with all your cakes everyone!

Archived