Bottle of liquor in checked suitcase>>>>

Veneerdds

Friends of mine went on freedom 6 night from FLL in June. On Sept. 30th we're all going on the same Freedom cruise. They swear they just threw the two bottles of wine and two bottles of liquor right in their suitcases - split between the two, right on top!! :rolleyes: Went through with out a problem!!!??? I don't know how?? If it were that easy then why would everyone be using rum runners etc to smuggle booze on board??? They say they'll do that again when we go in a few weeks!!

Anyone else heard of it being that easy????

Friends of mine went on freedom 6 night from FLL in June. On Sept. 30th we're all going on the same Freedom cruise. They swear they just threw the two bottles of wine and two bottles of liquor right in their suitcases - split between the two, right on top!! :rolleyes: Went through with out a problem!!!??? I don't know how?? If it were that easy then why would everyone be using rum runners etc to smuggle booze on board??? They say they'll do that again when we go in a few weeks!!

Lady luck was on their side!

graphics-dice-647349.gif

Of course that can happen, but the odds are against it. Some of our friends have had bottles removed from their luggage in the 'naughty room'. The scanners may not have time to handle all the alcohol they see go thru, but would definitely stop a piece of luggage if it had something dangerous in it, depends on timing and luck. But I'm sure glad my suitcase wasn't next to theirs should something break or pop open, what a mess!

What are we talking about here? 4,000 to 6,000 bags thru the scanner in a few hours. That's probably something like 6-10 seconds per bag. Some are bound to get thru. I always lock my bags too. I figure the extra step of having to call me down to the "naughty" room might discourage them if they aren't sure about what they see. Who knows?

Archived