25th wedding anniversary cruise

We went on our first cruise on Navigator of the Seas in January of this year with four other couples and had a BLAST! Now I think we would like to do another cruise in February of 2013 to celebrate our 25th anniversary; no other couples will be going this time, so I know the whole experience will be different, but I want to still have some of the "party" atmosphere that we enjoyed with the group. (I'm a little afraid that if we go alone, we won't be quite as adventurous ... while at the same time thinking we may mingle with other passengers more this time around...)

After reading other threads, it looks like the Freedom might be a good choice (maybe saving the Oasis or Allure for a family trip in a couple of years...). Other than reading a lot more from cruise critic member boards, which I will start doing a lot ... does anyone have any suggestions to help make my booking easier?

We did Eastern last time (San Juan, St. Marten & Labadee), leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Thanks for any suggestions!

Our very first cruise was for our 20th wedding anniversary. We went to Alaska just dh and I. While it was not the same as when we cruise with family or friends, we were able to meet others we enjoyed spending time with at the bar and you can have others you meet in the MDR if you choose to be seated at a larger table. On the other hand we had some wonderful spontaneous times together because we were all alone :D.

You can't go wrong! We did our 25th on Voyager, kept to ourself and had a great time. We did our 27th on Freedom, got involved with the roll call and made many new friends and had a great time. Our 30th was on Allure and we pretty much had a relaxing cruise and didn't try to do everything but had plenty to do. Our 31st will be back on Allure in St Martin visiting Orient beach and Maho beach. Looks like with the roll call group we will be making more new friends, but will plan a nice dinner, probably at Chops on our anniversary.

Archived