Great upgrade!

rockbock

I booked a Deluxe OV cabin on the Dream (9/29 sailing) back in March or April with an ES rate. I think I was the only person in my entire roll call who hadn't gotten a single price adjustment. But now I'm doing the happy dance. Today I was able to secure an upgrade to an enormous 6S spa cabin for only $3.60 total for the entire family! The extra tub/sink in the Deluxe OV would have been very nice, but I'd much prefer spa access for the week!

I booked a Deluxe OV cabin on the Dream (9/29 sailing) back in March or April with an ES rate. I think I was the only person in my entire roll call who hadn't gotten a single price adjustment. But now I'm doing the happy dance. Today I was able to secure an upgrade to an enormous 6S spa cabin for only $3.60 total for the entire family! The extra tub/sink in the Deluxe OV would have been very nice, but I'd much prefer spa access for the week!

Great deal!!! Enjoy!

Which cabin #? We have 11203 in Oct.

We got 11202. The four cabins along that section are all enormous. They're listed as 220sf, but they are actually larger than the Spa Suites, which are listed as 275sf.

And I kind of like the idea of having that semi-private deck right outside the cabins. I don't think the walkway will get much traffic, so it'll be like having a huge private balcony. Maybe I can convince the room steward to put a couple of chairs or loungers out there lol.

We are right next to you, having booked today.....we are mad drunk ladies that sing all night and keep slamming the door...can you handle that? Just kidding, we are seniors, 2 ladies and unfortunately can't drink liquor any more, but bring on the beer!!!! We are very quiet and read alot so yes, I'll help to get the room stewards to put chairs out there. Do you want our convertible sofa? Get me two loungers in the cabin and you can have it. By the way you have to pay for the spa priviledges I think, I hope I,m wrong.

We got 11202. The four cabins along that section are all enormous. They're listed as 220sf, but they are actually larger than the Spa Suites, which are listed as 275sf.

And I kind of like the idea of having that semi-private deck right outside the cabins. I don't think the walkway will get much traffic, so it'll be like having a huge private balcony. Maybe I can convince the room steward to put a couple of chairs or loungers out there lol.

We had an interior spa cabin on Dream Oct 2010. Loved the spa area. Originally just thought it would be great for my wife...but I ended up using it at least once every day. The semi-private deck is wonderful too. Great to go out there first thing in the morning, while pulling into port or just before bed time. There is a staircase and elevator located right between cabins 11202 and 11201 that will take you right up into the spa on deck 12 or 14 and all the way up to deck 15 for the Serenity area. Enjoy!

Not to be a killjoy, but I thought I remembered seeing that if you were upgraded to the spa cabins, you did not get the benefit of the spa, but had to pay extra for that. Anyone else remember that conversation?

Oh I see britwelshflorida thinks the same thing about having to pay for the access. Might just keep that in mind so you're not disappointed or surprised if you get told that when you get on board.

I would think the OP will get the Spa benefits. They state that they did make a payment, be it ever so small, but also that others had received price drops and they had not. So maybe their original cabin cost was just as much as the 6S when they moved...being then that they would receive the benefits as this was not a free upgrade....hope the OP asked the right questions when bing moved to the 6S.

We are right next to you, having booked today.....we are mad drunk ladies that sing all night and keep slamming the door...can you handle that? Just kidding, we are seniors, 2 ladies and unfortunately can't drink liquor any more, but bring on the beer!!!! We are very quiet and read alot so yes, I'll help to get the room stewards to put chairs out there. Do you want our convertible sofa? Get me two loungers in the cabin and you can have it. By the way you have to pay for the spa priviledges I think, I hope I,m wrong.

So you'll be on the 9/29 sailing? You should come join our group. We have identified almost 100 cruisers, plus their families and spouses. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/297933666956670/?bookmark_t=group

This wasn't a Carnival-initiated upgrade, so I'll be entitiled to all of the spa benefits at no additional cost. I was looking at current cabin options and I saw that this one, which was previously sold at a much higher rate, came back into inventory at a bargain price. I called Carnival and paid the extra cost to move to this room. So I basically upsold myself, but it only cost me a net of $3.60 more than my initial booking cost.

Not to be a killjoy, but I thought I remembered seeing that if you were upgraded to the spa cabins, you did not get the benefit of the spa, but had to pay extra for that. Anyone else remember that conversation?

Oh I see britwelshflorida thinks the same thing about having to pay for the access. Might just keep that in mind so you're not disappointed or surprised if you get told that when you get on board.

That is correct, if you upgrade to spa cabin you DO NOT get spa benefits...

So you'll be on the 9/29 sailing? You should come join our group. We have identified almost 100 cruisers, plus their families and spouses. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/297933666956670/?bookmark_t=group

This wasn't a Carnival-initiated upgrade, so I'll be entitiled to all of the spa benefits at no additional cost. I was looking at current cabin options and I saw that this one, which was previously sold at a much higher rate, came back into inventory at a bargain price. I called Carnival and paid the extra cost to move to this room. So I basically upsold myself, but it only cost me a net of $3.60 more than my initial booking cost.

May want to call Carnival and confirm this, we were on the Dream couple of years ago and were talking to a couple that did the exact same thing and they did not get the spa benefits. Carnival told them that once you are booked in a cabin and change to spa cabin, then that is an upgrade so no benefits. Just don't want you to be disappointed if you do not get them...and if you do GREAT!!

May want to call Carnival and confirm this, we were on the Dream couple of years ago and were talking to a couple that did the exact same thing and they did not get the spa benefits. Carnival told them that once you are booked in a cabin and change to spa cabin, then that is an upgrade so no benefits. Just don't want you to be disappointed if you do not get them...and if you do GREAT!!

Yes, I am entitled to use of the spa. I knew this already, but I called to confirm anyway. The lady thought I was crazy for even asking that question, since I'm a TA. However, I still made her put a notation on my account that I called to verify that I will still receive use of the Cloud 9 Spa at no additional cost, even though I originally booked in a non-spa stateroom and later paid the difference to upgrade to a 6S. So in the unlikely event that they give me a hard time, I have a note in my file indicating that I called to verify.

• 4 months later...
Yes, I am entitled to use of the spa. I knew this already, but I called to confirm anyway. The lady thought I was crazy for even asking that question, since I'm a TA. However, I still made her put a notation on my account that I called to verify that I will still receive use of the Cloud 9 Spa at no additional cost, even though I originally booked in a non-spa stateroom and later paid the difference to upgrade to a 6S. So in the unlikely event that they give me a hard time, I have a note in my file indicating that I called to verify.

YEAH!!!

Enjoy!

Peg

When we were on the Miracle in 2008, in a cabin on the 4th level. We went and used the spa facilities every day for free. We used the steam showers, and showers a couple times aday.

I thought anyone could us them?;)

The Dream class ships (& Splendor) have the Cloud 9 Spa which is different from the gym on the other ships~

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/obx/cloud9-spa/default.aspx

Archived