Flight Home from San Diego

doublemm16

Good Morning Everyone.

This question might have been asked at some point, but I cannot seem to locate it. I am currently booked on the 15 day Hawaiian cruise out of San Diego on the Century in February 2013. I need to book my airfare, and I was not sure how late I should be booking my flight home.

I am looking at a 12:45pm flight to Newark. If that is too early, the next flight is at 9:30pm. I am hoping that I will have time to make the 12:45pm, but I do not want to take any chances. Does anyone know if I will be off the ship in time to make the earlier flight? I have never been to San Diego, so I have no idea what the airport is like there.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mindi:D

It should be fine. We had a 12:20 PM flight last April when we got back from our 15 day Hawaii cruise. We wound up sitting in the airport for well over an hour before boarding.

The airport is really close to the cruise terminal. We grabbed a cab.

Getting a cab at the San Diego port can be a terrible experience. Worst I have ever experienced.

We had no problem at all.

More of a problem arriving by cab 3 minutes before the Longshoreman's Union decided it was okay. THAT was not fun! We had to pay for a pedicab so we could get the luggage to a porter. We could not wrangle it ourselves. DH has difficulties.

Archived