Car service or Taxi to Pier in Bayonne

Chooz2Cruz

If we choose to park our Car at the Doubletree at EWR for repo cruise, any recommendations for a car service? or just call a cab? We will use the hotel transfer when we return to EWR via air. What should the cost be for one way to the pier from Doubletree?

Has anyone used this service as a private car service? They will p/u at Doubletree at EWR and take us by private are to Port Liberty for 2 pax for $70 tax, tip and tolls included. Sounds reasonable for door to door service. Any comments? suggestions?

never heard of them and that is about 20 bucks more than a car service/cab would be..however not out of line...

Hmmmm on re reading....tolls are maybe 5 bucks IF That....(i think it's less) and even a 20% tip on $50 is 10 so....hmmmm.....personally i think it is a little high....but again, not horrible.....if it includes tip

do you have a link to a website perhaps??? i can't find anything out about them...

It's Capelibertyshuttle dot com---they have shuttle (share) but also private car. That is the cost for the private car with p/u from Doubletree to pier. I would just rather have a scheduled p/u at a safe parking facility, with a transfer to the pier without having to wait to fill a shuttle. When I am crusing, I get anxious to get to the ship!!!!

I keep seeing people mention "Independent Driver" is that the name of a company? I don't see it anywhere. Please advise.

yes...they do not have a website...the phone # is on my blog...many CCers have used them, and a couple hotels have suggested them...no frills, but seem to be reliable...

It's Capelibertyshuttle dot com---they have shuttle (share) but also private car. That is the cost for the private car with p/u from Doubletree to pier. I would just rather have a scheduled p/u at a safe parking facility, with a transfer to the pier without having to wait to fill a shuttle. When I am crusing, I get anxious to get to the ship!!!!

i am trying to figure out if they are new, renamed, part of something else or what....

Where is Greatam.....??? she has magical ways of figuring this stuff out.......

they take plastic, and pay pal, and have a phone number.....

you might have to "tale one for the team" so to speak and report back.....

interesting....the only thing that makes me go HUH is that all the testimonials were posted the same day, within 15 minutes....LOL....not that it means much...

Another option is to check with Bayonne Taxi. They run the shuttles for RCL for hotel guests who have a precruise package and the Doubletree is one of the hotels RCL uses. I know that someone did this a while ago - they parked at Vista and had the Vista shuttle drop them off at the Doubletree (then the Sheraton) and Bayonne Taxi took them from the hotel to the pier. Just another possible option for you to check out. I have used Independent Driver from the Fairfield and was very happy with them.

About the testimonials......I was thinking it was odd, too. Makes me really think!!!! Again, I am not sure how to access your blog for the link. Can you guide me?

sure..under my countdowns where it says CAPE LIBERTY INFO BLOG...click that...:p

anything that's underlined under my countdowns is a link

Thank you all for the help. I am all set now, and all the thanks go to everyone on the thread. I reserved parking at Doubletree, and booked Independent Driver for my transport to the port. I am so thankful for CC......I have learned so much here over the last couple of years, and I am always amazed that there is always more to learn!

Thank you all for the help. I am all set now, and all the thanks go to everyone on the thread. I reserved parking at Doubletree, and booked Independent Driver for my transport to the port. I am so thankful for CC......I have learned so much here over the last couple of years, and I am always amazed that there is always more to learn!

Can you give me the information to make parking reservations at Doubletree? I have a repositioning out of Cape Liberty on Nov 2nd and we fly back to Newark on the 10th. I want to park the car closer to the airport to make the return home easier.

Does Doubletree have a shuttle from the airport back to the hotel?

Thanks

The site that I was referred to by others on this thread was "airport parking reservations dot com. There are several choices there, and the doubletree does have a shuttle from the airport backt to the lot. We hired a driver to take us to the ship. We would have parked at the pier, but we cannot get into the lot when we return, as it is not a sailing day. Good luck!

megr.............Thanks again for all your great info. One last question. I booked parking at Doubletree, they just took a 1 day deposit on Paypal. Did not receive any type of confirmation. Should I have? ok............sorry, one more question......I called independent driver and booked them to the pier. He just took my name and time to p/u at doubletree--are they absolutely reliable? Don't want to be standing there w/o a ride. Again, no confirmation of any type, but he did give me his #. Any reason to worry? Thank you, again.

megr.............Thanks again for all your great info. One last question. I booked parking at Doubletree, they just took a 1 day deposit on Paypal. Did not receive any type of confirmation. Should I have? ok............sorry, one more question......I called independent driver and booked them to the pier. He just took my name and time to p/u at doubletree--are they absolutely reliable? Don't want to be standing there w/o a ride. Again, no confirmation of any type, but he did give me his #. Any reason to worry? Thank you, again.

i answered on the other thread...i think...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the information. I made my parking reservations at the Doubletree by Newark. $8 a day. Then I found discount code 1EWR that took another $5 off the total price. I called Independent Drivers LLC and made my reservation for pickup at the Doubletree going to the pier. Abduhl quoted for 3 people with 3 pieces of luggage $45 + $2 toll + gratuity. He even gave me a confirmation number and took my name and cell. Looks like we're good to go. Thanks all. This really helped!

Chris

Archived