Early debarkation

AmandaAC1

Question: My friend unknowingly booked me an awfully early flight back out of Miami (11AM) and I was wondering what the best way was to make sure I'll make it? I have heard of asking for the color luggage tags that get off soonest, some say just take your own luggage...I leave Monday on the Imagination and it would set my mind at ease if someone could set me straight.;) Thanks for the info in advance.

Was on Elation 3 weeks ago. Supposedly the early disembark was even before the early flight people got off. Assuming it is the same, that would be your best bet. Note that if you're using Carnival transportation you won't leave until the others get off the ship anyway. They announced several times that early disembark was only for people with their own cars, being picked up, or using a cab. Of course, this may be different from week to week and ship to ship, as they work out the bugs, so just make sure to read the info provided the evening before and pick your best option.

Question: My friend unknowingly booked me an awfully early flight back out of Miami (11AM) and I was wondering what the best way was to make sure I'll make it? I have heard of asking for the color luggage tags that get off soonest, some say just take your own luggage...I leave Monday on the Imagination and it would set my mind at ease if someone could set me straight.;) Thanks for the info in advance.

When you get on the ship, go to the pursers desk and tell them you have an early flight and need first debarkation. Then the day before you get back to Miami go back and remind them. Normally the ship is in by 7 a.m. and if all goes well, the first people can get off by 9 a.m. An 11 a.m. flight is cutting it close as it does take awhile to get from the pier to the airport and check in, but hopefully it will work out fine.

We were on the Victory for the May 8th sailing. When we arrived back in Miami we decided to carry all of our luggage off the ship ourselves. We we allowed to leave our cabins at 7:30am to get off the ship. By the time we arrived at our hotel in South Beach it was 8:30AM. The whole process went very quickly.

Archived