Diffent lengths of Stingray and snorkel tours?

kimkencruzers

Hello! In researching just Stingray sandbar and one to two stop snorkeling with seven different companies, they all have big differences in time...

island marketing SC +1 stop = 3.5 hrs

discount excursions SC +1 stop = 3.0 hrs

Native Way SC +2 stops = 2.15 hrs

Captain Marvins SC +1 stop = 2.5 hrs

Captain Marvins SC +2 stops = 3.0 hrs

Franks Water Sports SC +1 stop = 3.0 hrs

Rowan Water Sports SC +1 stop = 2.5 hrs to 3.0 hrs

Is this literally just time spent at the sandbar or snorkeling? or are there travel time differences?

also, there is 3 ships scheduled for port the day I will be there, should I worry about booking at the dock or should I pre-book? I want to check out the weather first.

Thanks for your input,

Kim

Can't answer your first question but I can tell you that during our stay on GCM last week Cap't Marvin's was very highly recommended by othets we met. We did the stingray cat sail years ago and this visit since we were staying on the island we did the Fat Fish Adventure tour which is on jet skis. We could take their later 4 hr tour for the same price as their earlier 2 hr tour. If you are in port until 6 PM I would highly recommend Peter's Fat Fish excursion that leaves at 1PM. You get a very informative tour of the south emd on the way to the dock and then a ride through the mangroves out of Prospect and then to Kaibo beach, then to the reef, then to Rum Point for a lunch or the best mudslide, then to stingray city, and finally to starfish point. The itinerary may differ slightly but what a great day! The number one operator on GCM as voted by locals and tourists who really research their options. The later tour at 1PM avoids the crowds and you actually have a very personal experience because it's a small group. Richard is an excellent guide who ensures you have a safe and enjoyable experience. If you can take advantage of this or even an earlier tour look at Fat Fish.

Can't answer your first question but I can tell you that during our stay on GCM last week Cap't Marvin's was very highly recommended by othets we met. We did the stingray cat sail years ago and this visit since we were staying on the island we did the Fat Fish Adventure tour which is on jet skis. We could take their later 4 hr tour for the same price as their earlier 2 hr tour. If you are in port until 6 PM I would highly recommend Peter's Fat Fish excursion that leaves at 1PM. You get a very informative tour of the south emd on the way to the dock and then a ride through the mangroves out of Prospect and then to Kaibo beach, then to the reef, then to Rum Point for a lunch or the best mudslide, then to stingray city, and finally to starfish point. The itinerary may differ slightly but what a great day! The number one operator on GCM as voted by locals and tourists who really research their options. The later tour at 1PM avoids the crowds and you actually have a very personal experience because it's a small group. Richard is an excellent guide who ensures you have a safe and enjoyable experience. If you can take advantage of this or even an earlier tour look at Fat Fish.

Thanks blue water.. sounds great, but unfortunately my ship leaves at 3 pm which is crimping my excursion style! It is limiting me to have to consider just stuff I can do from like 9am to 2pm.

Archived