Concierge Info Requested

Poohb

We've been upgraded from Deck 3 w/portholes, twin beds etc. to Deck 9 minisuite. Lots of stuff extra including the concierge available. I know that we use him/her/it to make reservations but since I am very new at this; where do I find the concierge? I've seen concierge offices on floors in hotels, does it work the same on a ship? Do we make phone calls to contact the conc? Is there anything else we do with it besides reservations? Thanx, folks.

We've been upgraded from Deck 3 w/portholes, twin beds etc. to Deck 9 minisuite. Lots of stuff extra including the concierge available. I know that we use him/her/it to make reservations but since I am very new at this; where do I find the concierge? I've seen concierge offices on floors in hotels, does it work the same on a ship? Do we make phone calls to contact the conc? Is there anything else we do with it besides reservations? Thanx, folks.

Pooh ~ Likely you will find a welcome letter or card from your concierge with his/her phone number on it. If not, check the phone, it may be listed there. Also, check the daily newsletter that is delivered each day. The phone numbers of different departments are listed as well as their offices (and, yes, the concierge does typically have his/her own office). You might be one of the lucky ones who receives a call or visit from your concierge. They work so very hard (as do all crew members), serving so many passengers. So, don't be offended if he/she doesn't stop by on his/her own. They love it when the pax seek them out to personally introduce themselves.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

I don't mean to be rude, but you said that you had been upgraded, meaning someone upgraded you? For free or did you purchase an upgrade? Just curious.

Teach ~ I can't answer for Pooh, but we got upgraded a couple of weeks ago as well. We had booked a mini-suite (Category AF) on the Dawn for our 6/12 cruise (me, DH, DD, and DS). About a day or so after we had made our final payment to NCL, an NCL rep. called my TA and offered us an upgrade to the AB Penthouse Suite for a total of $900. After I took a look at how much that upgrade would have cost for us to book it directly, I was astonished that the fare difference if we had booked the AB straight out was more than $4,000!!!! So, naturally, we jumped on the deal.

From what I understand, upgrades occur two different ways: you can earn them by using the NCL Mastercard points program (takes a while to rack them up, but it's worth it), or the cruise line will offer upgrades to passengers in "lower" category cabins (no reference to lower stature here folks, I don't know how else to describe it :( ) typically for a fraction of the price. Just for kicks, I asked how much the upgrade to the Garden Villa would cost and was quoted a price of $13,000 (not bad when you consider that the original NCL direct price of that category is $11,000 per person :eek: ).

Happy Sailing! :)

Since this is an "in-between biggies" cruise, we decided to go cheap as possible (yes, I said I'm cheap). Our TA got a phone call from NCL asking if we'd be interested. It's costing $220 total for the 2 of us for the week. We thought it was a really good deal. We got hooked on cruising when we took our first in Alaska last July (1 week tour, 1 week cruise). We decided to do Panama Canal; 2 weeks from San Diego to San Juan and just didn't want to wait til October. I think the ship is far from full. I'm guessing they may have had some cancellations due to the 'sister ship's' rogue wave. It doesn't cost NCL anymore to move us, they still have to pay the crew and they probably think this is a good selling point for future trips. We may like the suite idea and booked the more expensive rooms at another time. You're not being rude, you're just curious. No problems.

Archived